Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to add adapter. Device problem 12.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standart pc >ACPI

hi,
    you can change standart pc installation too acpi with acronis trueimage +acronis universal restore.

1,install acronis true image and backup your standart pc system

2,boot cd with acronis trueimage and acronis universal plugin

3, load image(standart pc image) and restore with acronis universal restore

after reboot windows starts with acpi

install daemon tools 4.0.3

Comment

• I have just found this problem on my mates pc.

it worked for me after:

Bios Update
      Installed VIA 4in1 Drivers

so would recomend you install the latest chipset drivers as thats whats seems to have changed my computer type from Standard PC to ACPI PC

Comment

• v4.0.6

still not solved...

probably becoz using nForce chipset/drivers...

Comment

• I updated my bios and my motherboard drivers are the latest.

Due to it I now get a new error message "Invalid Device"
          When I check from device manager, I see that there is no IRQ resources for Daemon.

Please try to look into the matter.

Comment

• What error you see in device manager for SCSI controller?

Comment

• The error is: "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)"

I have a Silicon Image Sil 3112 SATARaid Controller, so that's the one that's eating up my resources.

Comment

• Strange why it happens. 4.06 build should completely fix device error 12 problem.
                We'll investigate.

Comment

• imagine the same problem in vista 5600

well the same thing happens here ....
                  check this out
                  error 1 : unable to add adapters . insufficient previliges
                  error 2 : virtual scsi driver not detected
                  plase we need help over here

Comment

• Thanks for investigating Venom

And I just noticed that when I'm trying to remove Daemon Tools it gives me this error: "Unable to remove adapter. Device ACPI\PNPA000\4&44d10d65&0 has rejected specified operation."

Hope it helps somehow.

Comment

• This prob is gonna be fixed soon.

Comment

• Awesome to hear venom...I can't wait!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Marek991
                          The error is: "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)"

I have a Silicon Image Sil 3112 SATARaid Controller, so that's the one that's eating up my resources.
                          Same problem with Onboard HighPoint Tech Raid Controller and running Raid(0) cluster.

there were no problems during the 2 installation steps (before and after the reboot), and i got the DT trayicon.

when i clicked the the tray icon i got a "invalide device" message box. checking the hardwaresettings i found the yellow "!" and the same "no free resources" message at the details.

im running in "Standart-PC" mode to fix some IRQ issuses with TVcard.

at the moment im using the IRQs, 0,1,5,6,8,10,11,12,13,14

i disabeled the serial and paralell ports at bios to get more free IRQs.
                          IRQ 2,3,4,7,9,15 are free afaik so there should be no real resource problem for DT 4.06

Comment

• Originally Posted by VeNoM386
                            This prob is gonna be fixed soon.
                            I seriously hope so after slogging through this huge thread. I have discovered there really is no fix for me. I have an older computer with no money to buy a newer one... ie No acpi.

4.06 does not work for me. DT still wants to use irq 0

Comment

• I have a similar problem.

However, I have a problem when I reboot it freeze's and I have to run safe mode, system restore *sigh*.

DT works once I get into my pc I also get the SCSI/ Raid host controller ! in the device manager. It auto detects but finds nothing then states that my system may be unstable, which it is.

I now keep my pc on all the time although when it crash's it becomes a real song and dance to get it back up.

So I will also be watching this thread.

Oh I lost 70Gig of games formatting thinking I had some Virus that was affecting my boot :-( until I stumbled upon this thread while searching for a fix. It was time for a clean out I spose lol.

So I will be watching as well. Unless I have a different problem that someone knows the answer too.

Comment

• bump

still the same problem (win2k / standard pc)

Comment

Working...
                                X