Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to add adapter. Device problem 12.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same problem

I've got also the same problem (also Standard PC).

When running daemon tools it seems they're trying to install mentioned driver, it appear in system under scsi/raid controller with yellow exclamation mark, after reboot the driver is gone.
    It seems like it was uninstalled due to failure.

May be if we install this driver externaly it'll be okay but I don't know where can I get one.

Comment

I have met this problem ,bad luck.
      Where there is a will , there is a way .

Comment

here too

AN7 + Barton 2500

Comment

I have also come accress this problem and finally found a solution.

I would appear that it lies with ACPI or at least lack there of.
          If Windows had been installed as a standard PC and not an ACPI Uniprocessor PC, then there is no hope to have DT work.

Here is a link to Microsoft's support site with instructions to get ACPI working.

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

You may want to read all the fine print and notes before you start.

Once ACPI is installed, remove all Daemon tools files and reinstall. Should work like a charm.

Comment

Originally Posted by Korakas

If Windows had been installed as a standard PC and not an ACPI Uniprocessor PC, then there is no hope to have DT work.

Here is a link to Microsoft's support site with instructions to get ACPI working.

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

Once ACPI is installed, remove all Daemon tools files and reinstall. Should work like a charm.
            You mean "reinstall Windows"?

Comment

shoud work

Don't try to activete ACPI on an installed windows. It's gonne mess up your system
              Only way to do it is to reinstall windows. But just for dt4?
              Don't know. I'm gonne stay with dt3 until there is a fix for that problem.
              Last edited by |woody|; 20.11.2005, 21:28.

Comment

Originally Posted by Korakas

Yes, but there is no way that "ACPI Uniprocessor PC" work here with: agp card + sb live + scsi pci controler + pctv tuner + dvb ss2 + dvb ss1 + all onboard resources (usb hubs, sound, sata, ata, lan, serial, paralel...)

Comment

I want to know when this bug can be fixed. It's really troublesome.

Comment

I have this same problem, such a shame such a good program!

Can't revert back to old version either as PoN doesn't work with it!

So im stumped!

Comment

Yeah reinstall won't work for me neither.

In fact, when I'd tried to install my PC as ACPI uniprocesor PC,
                      it didn't work at all, after installer copied first files to disk
                      and try to ?reboot? or what it is doing, it hanged up. Same
                      problem with WinXP. I hope they fix the issue, Daemon Tools is cool

MSI K7N2 Delta2, Barton 3200

Comment

Check in BIOS if there's an ACPI option you've to enable. Actually all modern boards should support ACPI function, quite some also IO APIC function.
                        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Bios settings

Yes, I've checked that, no matter what the setting was, it crashed. I wonder if it's due to MB.

Comment

All ACPI functions of my MB are enabled. After enableing i get error code 22 once. After a second reboot error code 12 was back again :/

The ACPI functions are still enabled but i did not get DT4 to work...

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe, Athlon XP 2700+ (onboard SATA-Raid + Silicon Image SiI 3114 PCI RAID)

Comment

it isnt possible to change a running windows from "standard pc" to "acpi uniprozessor"... u must do a complete new install of the OS... before u do, check the bios if ACPI is enabled....

APIC isnt needed.... its only for more irqs...but windows does share the 16 irqs...

(sorry for bad english, im from germany)

Comment

This isn't getting us no where, are there no admins here to sort this or put a fix in place?

Otherwise Daemon tools will have a requirement for everyone to reinstall windows!

Comment

Working...
                                X