Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to add adapter. Device problem 12.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACPI Question

I was wondering if the ACPI needs to be uniprocessor in order for it to work with DT? My ACPI is on but it is set as ACPI PC, not the aforementioned ACPI uniprocessor. It was my understanding that the uniprocessor ACPI was for a system setup which supports dual processors but currently uses a single processor and that the ACPI PC setting was for a basic system without dual processor support ie: my currrent laptop.

Comment

• I had the same problem today and after digging around the net i gathered some bits of this and that and got it fixed.

I have ABIT NF7-S MB and i use SATA HDD. Not sure if that info is important but anyway.

First of all this solution might not work for you at all or may do something to your system that will prevent it from operating normaly so proceed at your own risk.

Here is what i did.
      1. Uninstall Daemon Tools. (Even if you did not finish the instalation. If you got to this error means its on your system and can be removed via uninstall).
      2. Reboot even if it doesn't ask you.
      3. After reboot go [OS dir]\System32\Drivers\ and find anything that says 'sptd.sys' and 'sptdXXX.sys' delete those files. (Do note that i have uninstalled my other image/burning software. You just might want to do the same. Not sure if that was important.)
      4. My MB uses 'Silicon image SiL 3112 SATA Raid Controller dirvers'. Yours might differ. Run devmgmt.msc (Device Manager). Go 'SCSI and RAID controllers'. I had Silicon image SiL 3112 SATA Raid Controller there respectively. Again you might have something else there. Uninstall it.
      5. Reboot.
      6. After reboot windows will probably install the drivers again. Mine did at least and without any fuss.
      7. Launch daemon tools installer and install daemon tools.

After i did all of the above daemon tools installed just fine and launched without any errors. And i did not reinstall my OS.

As always this might work for you or it might now. It might even do something unpredictable and screw everything up so try only if you REALLY are sure that you can afford loosing stuff.

Hope this stuff helps alot of you.

Comment

• I couldn't believe my eyes, but this actually worked.
        Thank you Andyfps!

Comment

• So what about DT 4.08 now?

Comment

• I don't believe it Venom.

After all this time I've waited...

...it finally works.

You guys ROCK! :-D

Good things come to those who wait.

Comment

• I'm not sure if this will help

I too, had the "Unable to add Adapt..." crap. I tried each of the solutions given here to no avail. Then, just on a whim, I went and looked at my services, specifically, the services I had disabled in my efforts to streamline my OS. I had disabled the "Intel Matrix Storage Driver" service since I was not setting up a SATA RAID in my machine. Maybe it's just a fluke or something, but I turned it back on, and DT started up without a hitch.

Just thought I'd add another possible solution. Hope it helps someone.

Comment

• just got the solution

guys just try to uninstall the sptd version 1.70 that you got from daemon tools installation prompt. and after rebooting, daemon tools will create a new driver, and that's it. I just hope that it will work for other o.s. am using windows xp sp 3.

Comment

Working...
                X