Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 202

Thread: Unable to add adapter. Device problem 12.

New User

Default Unable to add adapter. Device problem 12.

Hi,

I have a huge problem with this new DT4. SPTD drivers installed correctly, but after the restart it asks me to install some scsi/raid controller. So I follow its lead and do what it asks me to do, but after this controller is installed I get an error saying "Unable to add adapter. Device problem 12." and other window which claims that it has some probs with ejecting this controller (?).

My sys is WXP with SP2.
    Can someone give me any advice what is wrong and what I need to do ? Thanks.

I'm stucked at the same problem

New User

i've the same problem, it looks like dt4 scsi driver has conflict with "Standard PC" driver

could somebody complain that??? my computer is installed as "standart pc" too... coult that be the problem?

is a new nstallation of OS the only way to fix it??

thx

could somebody complain that??? my computer is installed as "standart pc" too... coult that be the problem?

is a new nstallation of OS the only way to fix it??

thx

Default Re: Unable to add adapter Device problem 12

Uninstall DAEMON Tools 4. Reboot. Then reinstall and before you reboot open the device manager and post what you see. Do you see any items with a yellow exclamation mark (check under DVD/CD-ROM drives and also under SCSI and RAID controllers)?

Once you're done checking the device manager, you'll of course reboot (as the installer prompted) and try to use DAEMON Tools 4 normally. Also, see if the entries in the device manager changed after rebooting.
    Last edited by Underheaven : 16.11.2005 at 14:12

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Underheaven
    Uninstall DAEMON Tools 4. Reboot. Then reinstall and before you reboot open the device manager and post what you see. Do you see any items with a yellow exclamation mark?
    Done that already. AFAIR this new SCSI/RAID Controller got the yellow exclamation mark. I'll check it once more when I return from work, but I'm pretty sure that this is the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Underheaven
    Once you're done checking the device manager, you'll of course reboot and try to use DAEMON Tools 4 normally. Also, see if the entries in the device manager change after rebooting.
    This is impossible because just after the reboot the SCSI/Raid Controller drivers are not present in the system and DT4 starts asking me to instlla them again and the whole thing goes back right to the point where it started.

New User

thats the problem the device manger says that the scsi driver has error code 12. Which means not enough ressources for this driver ( My guess on translation form german )
    And as long the driver dosn't work dt4 will not work I guess

Ausrufezeichen

The issue is under investigation.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast