No announcement yet.

Civilization 4 not working with DT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll see. If they REALLY develop an IDE-Jammer or DT Pro would be really with vIDE - it would be great.
    Then DT rocks...

Comment

Originally Posted by MikiMouse
      Its just marketing man u see second post, they lie lie lie just to make you buy, if as u claim all scsi drives are blacklisted and d-tools uses it, means dt4 is blacklisted to.
      Imho dt4 woth crap, dont think payed version will be much change.
      Ummm... not sure wtf you're thinking, but that's not "marketing", that scamming. And I can assure you the DT team is not a bunch of scammers.

Arb

Comment

I haven't been able to play the game even with DT4 and dt4-hide...
        Any ideas?

Comment

Hi,

I have the exact same problems as many are having here. I used Clone CD to image the original (protected game profile) for both CDs. Then I installed from the images, one by one mounting them using Daemon-Tools 4. Whenever I try to play the game mounting either disc I get the please insert correct disc.

In fact, even when I just install the game with the original CD and try to play it from the regular IDE cd drive (daemon tools unneeded for this - tools tray app is running, but no images are mounted), I cannot play it. So then it seems they blacklist even just Having (!) scsi drives, when an IDE drive is installed..

I found someone (TheWumpus) on this forum who claims to have it working fine, but he had to reinstall the game first. This is what prompted me to re-install with daemon tools..

Comment

Most copy protections blacklist SCSI drives, yes. And try uninstalling Alcohol if you have it installed, sometimes that helps.

Arb

Comment

The problem is not dt4 - but that scsi drives are blacklisted...IF there are ide drives present.

Now that i have only scsi drives showing - as I am using a controller, I can play X3 (starforce game) and CIV 4 with only using DT4 and nothing else!

Comment

Hi,

I have the exact same problems as many are having here. I used Clone CD to image the original (protected game profile) for both CDs. Then I installed from the images, one by one mounting them using Daemon-Tools 4. Whenever I try to play the game mounting either disc I get the please insert correct disc. I even tried removing my IDE drive physically to no avail.

In fact, even when I just install the game with the original CD and try to play it from the regular IDE cd drive (daemon tools unneeded for this - tools tray app is running, but no images are mounted), I cannot play it. So then it seems they blacklist even just Having (!) scsi drives, when an IDE drive is installed..

I found someone (TheWumpus) on this forum who claims to have it working fine, but he had to reinstall the game first. This is what prompted me to re-install with daemon tools..
                I tried to PM him but I get an error message about me not being authorized, since I just registered I'll try again later...

Comment

I mounted the DVD image using alcohol + Anti-Blaxx... works fine :wink:

Comment

That is not what I wanted to say with this thread.

It also works fine with DT 3.47 and SD4 Hide...

Comment

I can play Civ4 by disconnecting my IDE optical drives (I've been physically disconnecting the ribbon cable) and then mounting the image in DT4. Works great. Same for X3.

Arb

Comment

Using starfucker, you don't need to manually unplug your drives. Starfucker will hide your IDE drives from safedisc, securom, and older versions of starforce.

Comment

excuse the off topic question: Why does everyone talk about starforce nightmare instead of starfucker? I thought they did the same thing.

Comment

Originally Posted by JoelEllison
                            excuse the off topic question: Why does everyone talk about starforce nightmare instead of starfucker? I thought they did the same thing.
                            SFN is the same as SF just a little more advanced.

btw... I get Civ4 to work just by disabling my burner using Device Manager in XP. This is exactly what SF/SFN does anyways.

Comment

I can play in Civilization IV whith DT4 whithout anything else.
                              I don't have to unplug my DVD (that is connected to my IDE on my mainboard), or use any of hiding drives software.

Comment

I can play Civ 4 without any tools, but i have to hide Scsi Port in the registry.

Comment

Working...
                                X