No announcement yet.

Civilization 4 not working with DT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried pulling out my optical drive cables but that didn't work either. I then looked in the device manager to see if there was anything there that might be the problem. Turns out I had an nforce ide driver installed. Removed that and now it works fine without having to run sd4hide or anything else. just mount with dt4 and go.

Comment

x64 dont work

im not sure what cause it, but i cant get civ4 to run from an image.

i can use win32, and sd4hider, or a .bat script fine

but in x64, it does not work.

however it seems to pass the cd checking stage, but fail just before it starts loading the game.

get the windows an error has occured thing.

im not sure what is causing this. im using the real disc now, games too fun to not play, even with the risk

Comment

Well for me it does not work with 4.03 (Civ 4 patched to 1.52) unless I run S4Hide .
        In this case it runs perfect.

Comment

Anti-Blaxx works with civ4...but...

Hey, folks!!!

I have an image of civ4 (one big 4gig file, and i have patched it to v1.52), and I use Anti-Blaxx (AB) to play the game, but what a pain in the ass it is! I don't much like AB, and sd4hider simply doesn't work (I even tried with NFS:MW, same results - no go).

I've read alot about peeps physically removing their HD's, but am really really curious about how they can boot their machines without a freakin HD. Baffling. But, that isn't the reason I am writing here.

My real question is - how can I get away from AB (I hate them damned DOS windows (like a dozen or so of them) that appear, and sometimes cause my desktop to appear making me have to click the game's taskbar button to get back to the game). I think AB is also causing minor speed issues in my games as well...

I just wanna play the damned game without having to install all this other junk - sd4hider seems real easy - one simple exe file, and then double click any game you wanna play - no having to f**k around with settings like in AB.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TYVM, in advance - JamRoll

System Specs:
          ===========

AMD Duron ~1100mhz
          768mb RAM
          Windows XP w/SP2
          GeForce FX 5200 (128mb VRAM)
          40 gig HD (with JUST windows and whatever other crap MS installs on it) and a 160 GIG HD (with EVERYTHING else that isn't crap on it - movies, games, music, etc)

Comment

JamRoll, you misunderstood something there. You're not supposed to unplug your hard drives, you're supposed to unplug your optical IDE drives (such as CD and DVD drives). Please refer to this post for an explanation.
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Misunderstanding

OH!! Jeez, don't I look like the fool now! hehe

It's all good now, tho - I found a nocd patch, and now the game runs faster, smoother - no lags - nudding. Much happier civ4 player.

Still can't figger out why sd4hider won't work on my other games tho.

Sincerely, JamRoll

Comment

Listen, you agreed to abide by the rules when you signed up, including the rule that says "no talk about cracks of any kind". So please don't do that.
                "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
                X