DT Pro 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Pro 1

what will be the features of the Pro 1 version?
    it will be just special mouting images and bypasing the protections?

will be able to make "images" (o special files) from the original cd-dvd and play the game with them (like Game Jackal)

will it have cd -dvd writing capability like alcochol?
    (i dont think it will)

will it be able to detect protection? insted of having 4-5 diffrent programs on my pc?

this octomber - november i got 12 new games and HD is full ( 160 gb of games) and all the game that ask for cd-dvd drive me crazy...
    ps: last week i screached badly my BF 2 dvd but still works
    ps2: i got over 300 game in my personal collection

if this not the write forum please move it to the right one (or of topic)
    BadIronTree The Frag Master
    http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/541/makedoniank1.gif

DT4 Pro is the version for paying customers. As far as I am aware, unlike the freeware version of DT4, it will be a virtual IDE emulator instead of a SCSI emulator. Almost all current copy protections refuse to run from SCSI drives if an IDE drive is present. A should-be-soon-released additional feature for the freeware DT4 called the IDE jammer will do its magic and allow us to play games without having to physically unplug our ATAPI (IDE optical) drives and/or use the SFCure + SFNightmare method. DT4 Pro emulates an IDE drive instead of a SCSI, so the IDE jammer will be unnecessary. This should make secondary programs like SR7.Stop and SD4Hide unnecessary as well.

As far as I know, DT4 Pro is only an emulation/mounting program (but please correct me if there will be more!). It will not burn/rip images itself; you'll still need a secondary program like Alcohol to do that, although you should be able to use the DT4 virtual drive as the source drive.

Like I said, somebody feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Arb

Comment

Originally Posted by Dark Arbitor
      DT4 Pro is the version for paying customers. As far as I am aware, unlike the freeware version of DT4, it will be a virtual IDE emulator instead of a SCSI emulator. Almost all current copy protections refuse to run from SCSI drives if an IDE drive is present. A should-be-soon-released additional feature for the freeware DT4 called the IDE jammer will do its magic and allow us to play games without having to physically unplug our ATAPI (IDE optical) drives and/or use the SFCure + SFNightmare method. DT4 Pro emulates an IDE drive instead of a SCSI, so the IDE jammer will be unnecessary. This should make secondary programs like SR7.Stop and SD4Hide unnecessary as well.

As far as I know, DT4 Pro is only an emulation/mounting program (but please correct me if there will be more!). It will not burn/rip images itself; you'll still need a secondary program like Alcohol to do that, although you should be able to use the DT4 virtual drive as the source drive.

Like I said, somebody feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Arb
      very nice...
      does any beta tester or dev care to comment on future features that can or will be added in the Pro version?

most thing i would like to see in the future is to be able to make this "images" and play my game with out the cd... like GJ that i metion above
      (i would pay extra more )

because i dont know how to make them with alcohol... and i dont want to get them from a "shady" site

but any extra features will be good

ps: devs please make a page of future plans or a Dev blog page

Comment

I remember reading it will eventually have a plug-in for you to make images, but I don't remember what thread.

Comment

The image maker is not a plugin (to what I understood). On the other side, there is no burner, unless someone makes a burning plugin.
          Carpe diem

Comment

In the DT PRO screenshot, there is an option "read disc", so DT PRO may have the capability of making images.

Here's the link to the screenshot.

http://img492.imageshack.us/img492/5677/dtpro4pu.jpg
            ANYTHING that comes from Japan is GREAT. No exceptions.

Comment

Originally Posted by chao
              In the DT PRO screenshot, there is an option "read disc", so DT PRO may have the capability of making images.

Here's the link to the screenshot.

http://img492.imageshack.us/img492/5677/dtpro4pu.jpg
              lets hope so... not to huge... 1 to 10 mb is ok

but to have a 4.5 GB image in your hard drive is crazy and waste of space

Comment

Yes you can make Images with DT4 Pro
                I am your father

Comment

Originally Posted by chaosuser
                  do anyone know which format the images will be have?
                  bin, cue, iso, ccd, mds, mdf, bwt, cdi, b5t, nrg, pdi or something other?

Comment

Originally Posted by chaosuser
                    If that's true, awesome!

Arb

Comment

The whole point of DAEMON Tools Pro is making and mounting images and supporting plugins.
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Is there a list accessible which lists the differences in the features of DT v4.0HE and DT Pro?

Comment

Announcements forum

There is information in the Announcements forum (scroll through past announcements and set the date filter to forever so you can see all the posts). That's about it right now.
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                          X