No announcement yet.

Scsi Nvidia Driver Under Raid x DT4 restart the PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if I use straforce nightmare to disable optical drives, the computer didn't reboot but also didn't pass the protection. It was rebooting only when I unplugged my dvdrom or when I disable from device manager the nforce4 pata controller. I have just re-installed my OS and the problem is the same.

Comment

Same Problem but solved

I had the same problem that my PC rebooted when I tryed to run starforce protected games mounted from a Raid HDD, so I copied the images to my normal IDE HDD and it worked perfectly.I have a nForce 4 SLI Raid controller.

Comment

I also had this rebooting problem with starforce games on my nforce3 SATA raid drives with DT4. It'd reboot the system midway through verifiying the dvd. Developers take note, this wasn't a blue screen error, auto-reboot on error is disabled. No blue screen, just resets the system.

Copying the dvd image to a PATA drive and mounting from there, but keeping the game installation on the nvraid array, allows things to work, like someone above posted.

I tested with several different nvraid drivers, from 5.10 to the latest 6.x series. Always reboots if the image is on the raid array. It only occurs with starforce images, no reboots with SD/SR protected images.

I also tested on a fresh winXP SP2 installation on the PATA, game installed on PATA, starforce dvd-image on the raid array, and it would reboot the system.

Possibly this error is due to nvraid being an SCSI device in windows just like DT4 is? That is, something DT4 does with the SCSI subsystem in windows in order to fool starforce, breaks the nvraid driver when DT4 tries to access the dvd image at the same time.

I hope the devs notice this thread, and post some insight or assurance that the bug will be looked into. A lot of people use nvraid on their system, and not everyone has a PATA drive installed at the same time to work around this. Thanks.

Other than that, great work with DT4, especially the new starforce support.
        Last edited by myshkin; 19.11.2005, 01:26.

Comment

same problem here, keeps rebooting while safedisc is checkin the CD/DVD

DFI NF4 SLI-D
          6.70 Chipset Drivers

hotfix would be nice, if possible
          keep up the good work, Daemon Team!

Comment

Originally Posted by Holzi
            I had the same problem that my PC rebooted when I tryed to run starforce protected games mounted from a Raid HDD, so I copied the images to my normal IDE HDD and it worked perfectly.I have a nForce 4 SLI Raid controller.
            thankyou... this worked for me.

yes, copying the image files to a PATA drive and loading it from there worked! have no idea why... hope it's fixed soon.

if the dev team need anyone to test stuff, i'm sure ppl here will help in any way they can... i know i will.

Originally Posted by felixxx2
            if I use straforce nightmare to disable optical drives, the computer didn't reboot but also didn't pass the protection. It was rebooting only when I unplugged my dvdrom or when I disable from device manager the nforce4 pata controller. I have just re-installed my OS and the problem is the same.
            you are having the same problem... it's just that newer starforce doesn't work with "starforce nightmare", you have to physically disconnect the drives.
            Last edited by xeroxide; 19.11.2005, 01:30.
            Athlon X2 3800
            2gb DDR400
            6800nu -> 16x6
            2x160 SATA Raid, 160gb + 80gb + 80gb IDE

Comment

Got the reboot again..

However.. I had moved my images around, here is my current setup and will explain what reboots me and what doesn't, what drives are where ect.

Raid:
              IDE 1 = 2 Drives as a Stripe-0 Array Drive C: (Master/Save of course)
              IDE 2 = 2 Drives (not on Array, but as single drives) E: (Master) G: (Slave)

Motherboard:
              IDE 1 = Nothing, no drives (DVD-RW Drive is Unplugged completly, normally Master and D: Drive)
              IDE 2 = IDE HDD Drive F: (Master)

Now, if I have my images on Drive F: (Motherboard IDE) it WILL reboot when mounting and launching a StarForce protected game, no matter what version it is.

If I place the images on E: or G: Drives which are not an Array but connected to the Raid Controller, then it does NOT reboot.

So I have had move the images for the games I play currently that use StarForce to the E: or G: Drives in order to play them.

I have quite a few systems, this one since it is lower end, I bought the RAID controller for since it benefits the performance of it, my others I do not use RAID on currently.

The system in question:
              AMD Athlon XP 1800+
              nVidia FX 5900SE 128MB AGPx8 (Latest Drivers v.81.94)
              1GB DDR-PC-2100
              10/100 Realtek PCI Ethernet Adapter (Latest MS Drivers, works better than the manufacures drivers)
              Motherboard: Shuttle AK32A (latest BIOS ect..)
              http://global.shuttle.com/Download/D...asp?Item=AK32A

Highpoint RocketRAID 133 PCI Card (Latest BIOS and Drivers)
              http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA/rr133.htm

Motherboard Chipset: VIA, with VIA IDE Acceleration Drivers
              http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx...0&SubCatID=148

No VIA 4in1 installed, SP2 XP they do nothing, and is recommended by VIA to keep the MS Drivers for compatibility reasons. VIA 4in1 Drivers crash this system. So I can only use the VIA IDE Acceleration Driver
              Last edited by Dllfile; 20.11.2005, 01:44.
              No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Same problem :
                DFI lanparty nf4 ultra
                3 SATA disk drives in RAID0 mode

windows 2003 server SP1
                nvidia 6.70 driver

No matter if PATA IDE controller is disabled or IDE optical drives disconnected, it reboots at the first quarter of the progress bar of starforce checking, after some disc reading (IDE led almost on for 2 seconds)

With 3.47 + sfcure + win2k3nodedisabler , no problem

Comment

I have the same error.

MB: DFI LanParty NF 250Gb
                  2x160Gb Maxtor IDE RAID
                  Nforce 5.11 driver. I' ve tried all other chipset drivers, but the problem is the same. Even if I uncheck "automatically restart" in "startup and recovery" under XP it resets without BSOD.

Comment

If it's only with Starforce games and not with SecuROM or Safedisc (or any other protection) then it is obviously a Starforce problem and not a Daemon Tools problem.

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
                      If it's only with Starforce games and not with SecuROM or Safedisc (or any other protection) then it is obviously a Starforce problem and not a Daemon Tools problem.
                      Ignorance is a bliss!

It's a problem in DaemonTools, part for starforce protection.

I hope it gets fixed soon tho!

Keep up the good work guys

Comment

I don't think DT has different parts for each protection. It just emulates a DVD drive.

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
                          I don't think DT has different parts for each protection. It just emulates a DVD drive.
                          It is obviously a conflict of some sort, causing a reboot during Disc check when mounted on DT4 and the image is on a normal motherboard IDE when using Raid. I do not know for sure if it is DT4 or StarForce, but since it is only happening with DT4, I can only assume there is some conflict with DT4/Raid and Starforce.

It can be either, but we won't know that until DT Team verfies it and fixes if it is in fact DT conflcting with something.
                          No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

^^ sounds about right.

abit off topic but...
                            Dllfile, why have you got raid 0 in one channel. do you realise you are nullifying the benefits of raid 0?

better to have the two drives running on seperate channels as a raid... the HPRR should be able to do the raid and have JBOD on the slave of each IDE Channel

*back on topic*
                            This issue is bugging me.

just to add another twist to this...
                            I tried mounting the image (SCCT) which i had backed up on a DVD (UDF Format). I am using a IDE -> USB Kit. Upon the Starforce check.... i got the cold reboot!

so it happens to me even with the usb kit, not just raid my raid.

The game itself is installed onto the raid drive (c)
                            Athlon X2 3800
                            2gb DDR400
                            6800nu -> 16x6
                            2x160 SATA Raid, 160gb + 80gb + 80gb IDE

Comment

It seems that if the image file is on the raid driver, reboot occurs.

I tried to put the image on my ide driver with is not on any raid, the game launches with no problem.

Comment

I notice a reboot with Starforce game if I have the image on a CD and DT4 link to the CD.

If I move image to HDD - the computer does not reboot. This is my setup:

My CD and DVD cable are connected to my Promise Sata 2 150 controller.

My HDD cable is just connected to the Motherboard.

Comment

Working...
                                X