X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by xeroxide
    ^^ sounds about right.

abit off topic but...
    Dllfile, why have you got raid 0 in one channel. do you realise you are nullifying the benefits of raid 0?
    Yes, only because I had been switching around trying to see if I could get it to "not" reboot with the images still on the Motherboard IDE Drives.

I since then have put it back on seperate IDE's Channels on the RAID Controller and moved the other drives back and installed my other 3 HDD's I had removed for a few back on the Motherboard IDE.

Was temporary, and was my current setup when I finally realized that nothing mattered cept for the images being located on RAID lines and not Motherboard IDE.

Normally (before I switched them) I had the 2 Raid Drives as Masters, 1 on each Channel.
    No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

so the problem only happens if the image file in a hdd that is raid?
      so it would be fine i its non raid?

because i have nforce4 with raid0 and i havent upgrade to v4 yet

Comment

Originally Posted by balance

no, for me it happens when my images are on HDD's that are connected to the motherboard IDE and my system has Raid.

If I put my images on the Raid Drives or any drive that is physically connected to the Raid controller, then I do not get a reboot,

Only reboot when mounted from an image that is on a standard IDE cable on the motherboard.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dllfile
          Yes, only because I had been switching around trying to see if I could get it to "not" reboot with the images still on the Motherboard IDE Drives.

I since then have put it back on seperate IDE's Channels on the RAID Controller and moved the other drives back and installed my other 3 HDD's I had removed for a few back on the Motherboard IDE.

Was temporary, and was my current setup when I finally realized that nothing mattered cept for the images being located on RAID lines and not Motherboard IDE.

Normally (before I switched them) I had the 2 Raid Drives as Masters, 1 on each Channel.
          ah... ok

Originally Posted by Dllfile
          no, for me it happens when my images are on HDD's that are connected to the motherboard IDE and my system has Raid.

If I put my images on the Raid Drives or any drive that is physically connected to the Raid controller, then I do not get a reboot,

Only reboot when mounted from an image that is on a standard IDE cable on the motherboard.
          ??

whoa?
          so by using the raid controller card, you do not get a reboot, but by using any ide on your mobo, you get a reboot?

Originally Posted by balance

I have a SATA raid and other IDE hdds (no raid). If the Image files are on my SATA raid, my computer WILL reboot. If they are on my ide drives (also on the mobo... no external controller card here), they will run fine.

is that similar to your setup? if so, try and compare
          Athlon X2 3800
          2gb DDR400
          6800nu -> 16x6
          2x160 SATA Raid, 160gb + 80gb + 80gb IDE

Comment

Same with VIA chipset

Same reboot problem for me with a VIA Chipset.
            I have my optical drives connected to a a PCI controler board.
            When I mount an image stored on a DVD with DT4, I get this reboot.
            Same image on HDD works fine.

Comment

Same reboot problem for me with a VIA Chipset.
              I have my optical drives connected to a a PCI controler board.
              When I mount an image stored on a DVD with DT4, I get this reboot.
              Same image on HDD works fine.

Comment

I appear to have the similar problem without RAID. I have just a single SATA HDD with image on it (no IDE HDD present in system), mounting, installing is all ok, but when launching, during the Starforce check system reboots, without any BSOD (auto reboot disabled). Just reboots. When mounting with Alcohol 120% everything works fine, except passing through protection, of course. The game is X3:Reunion. (starforce)
                The more interesting thing is that dt4 worked fine with this image for a few days, but after unplugging my SoundBlaster Audigy2 and installing drivers for AC97 sound, abovementioned troubles began. Reinstalling SF drivers and the game itself didnt help.

System: WinXP SP2, with most hotfixes, optical drive is physically disconnected, no IDE HDD present in system, in other words, all IDE channels are physically free.

I would appreciate any tips on my actions.
                Thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by xeroxide
                  ??

whoa?
                  so by using the raid controller card, you do not get a reboot, but by using any ide on your mobo, you get a reboot?
                  That is correct, no error message, no blue screen, no crash dump, no event log error/info, nothing, just reboot

Comment

what if the image is stored on a *real* dvd/cd.. could it be a workaround? Let me know..

Comment

*doh!

sorry! i forgot you were talkin' of *starforce* protected games. so drive have to be disabled..

anyway, this reboot thing happen only to starforce protected game.. so any other protections works with DT4?

Comment

Originally Posted by bryanondabeach
                        what if the image is stored on a *real* dvd/cd.. could it be a workaround? Let me know..
                        tried it with a DVD-RW Disc, reboots still as long as it is on a standard IDE, plugged my DVD-RW into my raid controller and no reboot :/

Comment

Has anyone tried to make an image of the image and mounting through 2 DT drives? Like this?

1. Make a regulare DVD image containing the image you wan't to run.
                          2. Mount the regular DVD image on DT drive 1
                          3. Mount the image from DT drive 1 to DT drive 2

Currently I'm stuck at work, but I will try it this evening if I don't drink to much beer at the after-work pub. ;-)

Comment

I tried an for me easier solution. To mount the image from an USB external drive and it worked perfectly...

Comment

fyi: xeroxide mentioned that loading from an external USB drive didn't solve the problem (for him)

the modern world:
                              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Just got a new motherboard and cpu, nForce chipset, installed winxp, tested ecerything, nothing rebooted, all ran fine.

Installed a Raid Controller and put all my drives (cept for C onto the Raid Controller.

Mounted an image, tried to play (X3) reboot.. My last board did the same thing however, and it was VIA, so I don't think it is the chipset, think it is something between Raid/SF/DT4

conflict of some sort. And no I didn't buy a new board ect.. just to test this, I was just upgrading the machine and building another with the old parts to sell

Comment

Working...
                                X