No announcement yet.

Scsi Nvidia Driver Under Raid x DT4 restart the PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, for the vast majority of users, I don't see a point. But everyone's got their own POV.

Comment

I use no RAID, i got VIA IDE drivers and i have disconnected my one and only CD drive, being my DVD burner, still i get this odd reboot when i try to run PoP-TTT.

Reading the thread i get the impression of the error existing because of some odditiy with RAID but like i mentioned, im not using that so, any ideas?

Comment

Just wanted to mention that you can also share your own folders that are on a raid array, and mount that through the network share... This way you dont depend on other computers or hardware...

Comment

Don't want to get too offtopic but if you'll check out reliable benchmarks such as from StorageReview.com and others, you'll find out that a lot of people using Raid 0 are making a big mistake. (You shouldn't be using JBOD either BTW). It's frequently far better to use your disks as 2 independent disks. Of course, this is not always the case but it is in some cases. BTW the performance hit of RAID 1 is not that great, especially if you are using SATA and so have independent channels. And of course, reading can in fact be faster if you have a smart controller. It is RAID 5 that has a very high performance hit due to the fact it needs to calculate parity and other then some very expensive controllers, most of them leave most of the work the CPU. Having said that. RAID 1 is useful but it's surprising how many people misunderstand it. RAID 1 is NOT a real back-up solution and was never intended to be one. (Nor is RAID 5 of course). It does not protect against accidently deletion, viruses, worms, major computer failure (e.g. power supply taking out devices) etc etc. It provides redundancy, primarily for uptime but it also has the advantage of no loss of data in a single HDD failure (or two or more as the case may be)

Comment

no SATA

Hello Guys.. I dont have got any SATA HDDs and the same problem is in.. (but i have Nvidia chipset and with RAID)... I have this problem only with F.E.A.R and King Kong .. Other games with SF3 like TM-Sunrise is workin by me..

Comment

Does DT4.03 work when mounting SF games from a DVD on a PCI IDE controler for anybody here ?

Comment

Originally Posted by poubapub
                Does DT4.03 work when mounting SF games from a DVD on a PCI IDE controler for anybody here ?
                In theory it should work. Have you tried it or are you just asking to see if anyone else has?

Comment

I tried, but didn't work for me with SCCT: couldn't pass protection check

Comment

Working...
                  X