This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to set new drive letter under Vista

After Installing V4 he removed all virtual drives. And now i cannot create a new one, everytime i go set device parameters and set there W: , E: , always the error comes.

Plz Help me

Might want to mention what the error message was, otherwise they won't be able to do more than guess at the problem.

Comment

It shouldn't be possible to enter the Set Device Parameters menu with zero virtual drives configured. Hmm.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

The Thread name was " Unable to set a new driver letter" so this was the error.

I have Device 0 and Device 1 , but they have no letter . The Error "Unable to set a new driver letter" comes if i try to set a driver letter.
        I dont know if Windows or Daemon Tools have a bug ; Virtual CD couldnt do new driver letter too.

I just dont know how to get this work

Comment

I have the same problem. Canґt add a letter to the D-tool.

BUT my original Cd\DVD driver is gone to after installing
          D-Tools 4. Tryd to repare it , but nothing. I delated the
          drivers and reinstalld them but no luck. I get an error kod
          the kod is 31.

Comment

Why did you post the same message 4 times? Learn to use the button.

Comment

Goto Device Manager and oben CD/DBVD-Rom and install manually the Drivers from x:\Windows\inf and the problem should be solved with Drive letters.

Otherwise more Infos plz, PC Configuration eg which Windows etc.
              You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
              sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

ok i found the problem...
                if u have dt 3.47 DO NOT REMOVE IT.
                Klick on the DT4 Exe and a window apeer asking u if
                u wont to uppgrade to dt4.0 press yes.
                Restart PC and shazam everything is in order

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
                  Why did you post the same message 4 times? Learn to use the Edit button.
                  sorry...caz the 1 one dedent show up

Comment

I searched Drivers from Windows\inf but he dont found any Drivers .

I have Windows XP Service Pack 2 , Athlon XP 2800+, 1 GB RAM , Nvidia 6800 GT .

Its Annoying

Comment

Mystique's answer should fix that .... but for me, it couldnt find any relevant drivers in the system folders ....

I pointed to the XP CD, and it found the drivers there ... sorted !!

Comment

Originally Posted by brianboyle
                        Mystique's answer should fix that .... but for me, it couldnt find any relevant drivers in the system folders ....

I pointed to the XP CD, and it found the drivers there ... sorted !!
                        Windows cant find drivers , but he cannot find on the Windows CD And in windows/inf windows dont found drivers

Can Someone upload a driver plz.

Originally Posted by CiSSeL
                        ok i found the problem...
                        if u have dt 3.47 DO NOT REMOVE IT.
                        Klick on the DT4 Exe and a window apeer asking u if
                        u wont to uppgrade to dt4.0 press yes.
                        Restart PC and shazam everything is in order
                        I had installed 3.47 , but he crashed (service.exe had 5 minutes 99% CPU Usage ). After restart Daemon v4 was installed , but i cannot use it

Comment

Sry 4 post twice but i found a answer at http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/vir...e-manager-2609

Just install manual from c:\windos\service the cdrom.inf and cdrom.sys and its work

Comment

I have tried the solutions here (and in the other threads), but when I go to manually install drivers, it finds the driver to install, then just keeps claiming its installing it (i've let it sit for hours). When the computer is idle, 1 thread of services.exe (umpnpmgr.dll) shoots up to 100% cpu usage. If I try to manually install the drivers then a thread of mmc.exe does the same. Any ideas?
                            Last edited by SCVirus; 02.02.2006, 04:59.

Comment

I have the same problem. I am running Windows Vista RC1 x64 and Daemon Tools 4.0.6 x64. When I try to set letter for my virtual drive, I get: "Unable to set new driver letter"

Comment

Working...
                              X