Originally Posted by bvnbvn2000 View Post
    You need to copy and paste the *.inf and *.PNF files from this folder:
    Code:
    C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\cdrom.inf_b2045cb8
    AND THIS FOLDER:
    Code:
    C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\mshdc.inf_1d87dda2
    to C:\Windows\inf

the *.sys files in those folders may be required to be copied and pasted into \System32\Drivers if not already there.

Now you need to go to device manager and right-click on the not working virtual driver which is probably now under other devices. Select to update the driver and now point to C:\windows\inf
    should work fine now!

This works fine!! thank you!

Comment

Thank you abdulhakim01.
      Mine is XP system, still it works for me!
      Originally Posted by abdulhakim01 View Post
      Guys after installing 'DAEMON Tools 4.0.8 X86' on 'Windows Vista RTM' you need go to 'Device Manager' and update the device driver for the 'SCSI CDrom Drive'. The driver you need can be found in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\cdrom.sys. This works and I am using it without any problems.

Comment

Originally Posted by xmonkid View Post
        Thank you abdulhakim01.
        Mine is XP system, still it works for me!
        yes. This is also my problem. thank you so much!

Comment

Originally Posted by fosszombie View Post
          Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs

The fix....

It works on all versions of windows having this problem.

They say any software that can burn a cd/dvd or manage drm or video/music can trigger this problem upon install.

Common triggers are installing winamp or nero or even d-tools.

This fix worked on all my systems, and it is also what you need to use for the HP-Optical problem as well as the sony vaio one.

Aparently for some reason their OEM software triggers it every time you do a update.

Have fun.
          Yeah I've had the missing dvd drives and virtual drives going missing on a friend's PC, and the solution was to remove the 7 year old Nero 6 program!! Thanks

Comment

I have Device 0 and Device 1 , but they have no letter . The Error "Unable to set a new driver letter" comes if i try to set a driver letter.

Comment

Which advices mentioned in this thread have you already tried ?
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

error at installation

hi, when im installing daemon tools, i get a message that the device drivers need to be updated, i tried to update it online (didnt work), searched the daemon tools website for drivers (not there), and tried several folders on my hd (didnt work either).
                as long as this drivers are not installed, it seems impossible to create an (working) virtual drive.
                Atm i have windows vista again, i didnt have the problem with windows 7. i also had win vista for a while before 7, back then DT worked fine with vista..

ive tried different versions of DT, but they all have the same error.

does someone know, where to get the update for DTsoft device drivers??

the error is:

Er is een nieuw apparaat dat is aangesloten op uw computer gevonden, maar het stuurprogramma voor het apparaat dat nodig is om het apparaat te kunnen gebruiken kan niet worden gevonden. U kunt het stuurprogramma vinden op de cd die is meegeleverd met het apparaat, of u kunt het van de website van de fabrikant downloaden. De hardware-id van het apparaat is DTSOFTBUS&Rev1\DTCDROM&Rev1.

Probleemhandtekening:

Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: PnPDriverNotFound

Architectuur: x86

Hardware-id: DTSOFTBUS&Rev1\DTCDROM&Rev1

Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Landinstelling-id: 1043

Comment

Please try this Microsoft FixIt solution: Uw cd- of dvd-station kan geen media lezen of schrijven
                  I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Might want to mention what the error message was, otherwise they won't be able to do more than guess at the problem.

Comment

might want to mention what the error message was, other wise they won't be able to do more than guess at the problem.

Comment

Originally Posted by CiSSeL View Post
                        I have the same problem. Canґt add a letter to the D-tool.

BUT my original Cd\DVD driver is gone to after installing
                        D-Tools 4. Tryd to repare it , but nothing. I delated the
                        drivers and reinstalld them but no luck. I get an error kod
                        the kod is 31.
                        i have the same problem

Comment

Hallo sarah1990, and welcome to the forums
                          Please try to manually delete upper/lower filter entries as described here (Resolution) and reboot:
                          The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows XP/7/8/8.1).

Comment

Assignment help service any College or university mission is incomplete without any proper education. To offer credit to this author or investigators, you also ought to be aware of how to write mention in mission to people from whom you might have made this homework or thoughts.
                            Essay services online
                            Makemyassignmnets
                            my blog

Comment

Working...
                            X