X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70% hit with DT4.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
    Last edited by ß; 20.07.2006, 10:28.

Are you enabling all emulation options, shouldn't have to if the image is good, but worth a try.

Comment

Disabling the drives through the bios isn't always enough.
      Try if it works if you physically unplug them.

Comment

It is worth a try. You can't be sure about it if you havn't tried it.
        If it doesn't work, than you can exclude that it wasn't the reason of why you couldn't run the game.

Comment

Originally Posted by ß
          done, no good... only tried mortyr 2.. looking at the mds curve it does have a few ugly spikes, i'll have to remake the image i think,,,,,

but the sniper elite one is a perfect curve, no spikes at all, just a clean cure...
          What software do you use for analysing MDS files?
          So, mother goose has been messin' around in your egg salad, huh kid?

Comment

" i disabled my drives in bios"

how do u do that?

Comment

Do you know the starforce version #'s for the not working games you listed? I'd scan each CD.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

can be both. for StarForce, the StarForce Key for Keyless copies is imbedded into the CD, when you make an image, it should have the key embeeded as well (mdf).

Not really completely sure, but I think partial data for the protection is also on the MDF and the MDS simply contains DPM info and points to whre it belongs in the MDF. ? Someone else may know more about it than me.
                No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

I do not have those games, however they should work with IDE Unplugged.

I play alot of SF3 protected games, a couple of them, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and X3 - Reunion and both are using StarForce:
                  X3 Reunion = StarForce 3.5.10.6
                  Splinter Cell CT = StarForce 3.4.77.2

Mainly depends on how well the image was made and what options the Publishers used when encoding SF to the game when making the Glass (Gold) Master CD.

And that GangLand game looks interesting Downloading a demo now

Comment

I have got 2 games with StarForce: GT Legends (3.6) and
                    SCCT (3.4).

After installed the first game SCCT (of course, with DTv4) and unplugged my IDE writer I tried it: SF say "Disk Key don't correspond to the disc in drive...."
                    I used snake's image because the mini-images from Copybase.ch didn't work, because DT4 said: The file is unaccessable.
                    With SFNightmare (disable node and ch2): no success,
                    SFCure: no success.

Then I try my luck, so I install my next game - GT Legens - and without SFNightmare and SFCure (or anything else) it is working perfectly!
                    My PC is Alcohol-free,
                    so, I think the problem is with the DPM in the SCCT image.
                    Thank you in advance for your help.
                    Last edited by LuCaS^`; 18.11.2005, 22:29.

Comment

Originally Posted by ß
                      i can't see how i can have MORE games using sf that work, around 20 and imply, even by myself, that i somehow made these images that don't work wrong.
                      DPM is randomly created during mastering of the glass copy and pushing out consumer cd/dvd's.

Each game of course has it's own DPM Measurement that is unique. Some will be harder than others to get an exact measurement.

Game A: might take 1 or 2 tries and a low speed for example, to get a working copy.

While game B: may take 20 tries to get a copy and then finally finding out you needed a mid to faster speed to get the DPM.

No game is equal, the DPM on TM for example may be hard for your drive to get, thus, resulting in a non working copy, all I can say is try all speeds, try DPM Normal/High, you should eventually get a copy, and once you do, you will know about where to have your settings for the next game that comes along that you may have problems with getting DPM from.

Comment

Originally Posted by ß
                        please dllfile, PLEASE!!! ...don't generalize...
                        I wasn't
                        Originally Posted by ß
                        these are older sf versions so if ANYTHING they would (should) not be more powerful (stronger in terms of protection) then the newer ones like 3.5 and 3.6 which i can use fine.
                        Newer does not mean harder to make a working image of, Newer for most of SF releases = more blacklisting. But not really harder to copy.
                        Originally Posted by ß
                        my last post was to say that i'm not stupid, as far as someone asking "how did you create the image ?" because i made them just like i made the other 20 that WORK!!!
                        That is my point, you may have others you used the same settings and gotten to work the exact same way, but as I said no game with protection is equal, and some may be harder to copy regardelss of version.
                        Originally Posted by ß
                        the alcohol dump log:
                        ---------------------- it was dvd there is no questions of what options to use in

16:14:25 Processor info: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.80GHz x 2 (3813MHz)
                        16:14:28 Disc dumping: (L: ) LITE-ON COMBO SOHC-5232K(0:0)
                        16:14:28 Reading Mode: General Mode
                        16:14:28 DVD Source Info: Session: 1, Track: 1, Length: 4.31 GB / 502:31:67
                        16:14:28 DPM measuring precision: High / 1.0X (1385 KB/Sec)
                        16:14:28 Wait for a while for DPM analysis.
                        16:20:21 Get DPM info from current disc successful!
                        16:20:21 Writing image file: E:\!BURN.DVD\sniper-elite.dvd\sedvd.mdf
                        16:25:16 Disc dumping completed!
                        16:25:17 E:\!BURN.DVD\sniper-elite.dvd\sedvd.mds: Image file writing completed!
                        and I cannot tell you how many games I get "Get DPM info from current disc successful!" and the image does not work, but finally after many many many tries, finally get a working image. And funny part is, 10x speed for DPM Measurement, and setting the StarForce, and SecuROM "Profile" settings in Alcohol 120% to go no faster than 4x speed when copying the data. Before I did that, I was unable to get a working copy of my SF games, while before those settings I could make working copies of others with no prob at 24x speed.

oh, and helpful hint, faster is generally better when doing images of DVD's with SF. try 10x for DPM, I use a Lite-On as well LITE-ON SOHW 1633s DVD-RW DL to be exact.
                        Last edited by Dllfile; 19.11.2005, 07:44.

Comment

no solution

I tried to make an image with DPM (high and normal) but I always got the following message (with any speed):

Cannot get the right DPM info from the disc with current device

but with GT Legends about 10x or lower I could get a right dpm

I don't understand why my game doesn't work, but everybody can play with SCCT

(or I need only a right cd key for snake's image)
                          Last edited by LuCaS^`; 19.11.2005, 14:45.

Comment

Originally Posted by ß
                            couldn't it still be blacklisting ? as an example say there are 50 types of blacklists and dt4 fixes 48 of them. the 2 left are very rare and not commonly used. maybe that's what's happening.
                            quite possible
                            Originally Posted by ß
                            or what about speed of the virtual drive ? is the read speed of the virtual drive set to 32x ??? apart from using nero tool to slow it to 1x can the next dt have a built in tool like the nero one ???
                            like that idea ^^

Comment

not sure if any have starforce alcohol mds files, but there are sites that have blindwrite BWA for SecuROM. makeabackup DOT com

I know that does not help with your current SF games.. But incase you dont have the link to that site, there ya go.

Comment

Working...
                              X