No announcement yet.

Daemon Tools 4.0 and awxDTools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@rip_pit: you don't have to manually type the command in dos everytime, just make a .bat file a write the text there.

Comment

Some very useful tips here, thanks!

Comment

eldakka I cannot get your method to work....you do this with daemon tools 4 right? I get an unknown command line switch error when I try this with cue files. Also I have no association for mds files so I created a new one like you said but when I am done and finally click okay the option for mount does not appear for the mds file and also it disappear from my associations list?

Comment

Originally Posted by JoelEllison
          try -mount 0 or -mount 1 or -mount 2
          -mount 0 is for device 0 of DT
          -mount 1 is for device 1 of DT
          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I finally got it to work by checking "confirm open after download" and "always show extension" and then making this action:

"C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -mount 0,"%1"

With DDE checked and these settings:

Application: DaemonTools
            Topic: System

For some reason only I added this DDE stuff did my association finally work....I figured that part out by looking at my CUE file associations

Comment

awxDTools works!

1. install DT 3.47
              2. install awxDTools_105b072.exe
              3. install DT4.00 (deinstall DT 3.47)
              4. deactivate "Secure mode" under "Options"

awxDTools works!

Comment

Originally Posted by hoffes
                1. install DT 3.47
                2. install awxDTools_105b072.exe
                3. install DT4.00 (deinstall DT 3.47)
                4. deactivate "Secure mode" under "Options"

awxDTools works!
                This did NOT work for me. However, the Fastmount web site is has a new version that says its compatible/works with DT 4!!! I am going to go try it now.
                Also, associating cue and other files with the above directions worked for mounting just fine.

IMHO
                isepiq
                IMHO
                isepiq

Comment

luluDaemon

hi everyone,
                  i had the same problem as you all. awxdtools didnt work with daemontools4. so i decided to write my own awxdtools clone.
                  its called luluDaemon and works with daemontools 4.
                  it adds a contextmenu to the common image types so one can easily mount the image directly to daemontools without showing any windows (like other programs like this do).
                  tell me what you think of it and let me know if you find any bugs or have suggestions.
                  this is where you can get it:

oopepe

Comment

Install awxdtools

Hi

For the daring (as I had quite some intesting problems figuring things out):

First: the awxDTools_105b072 installer is looking for daemon.dll and pfctoc.dll inside the windows directory during installing. If missing the install is aborted.

Steps to install Daemon Tools 4.x & awxDtools from scratch

Code:
                    1) Install daemon403-x86.exe

2) Copy daemon.dll and pfctoc.dll into the windows directory.
                    3) Install awxDTools_105b072.exe into the "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools" directory.
                    4) Kill installer with taskmanager when it hangs registering awxdtools.dll
                    5) Delete daemon.dll and pfctoc.dll into the windows directory

6) Move awxCommon.dll from C:\program files\arniWORX\Common -> C:\program files\DAEMON Tools
                    7) use regedit to change the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\arniWORX\Commondll to C:\program files\DAEMON Tools\awxCommon.dll

8) use regedit to remove awxDtools key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and run the commands below:

cd "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools"   
                        rundll32 "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools\awxDTools.dll",awxRegisterDll /r

9) Turn off options|secure mode in DAEMON Tools trayicon
                    10) Finally right click an cd/dvd image to test all above...
                    The steps 6 and 7 might not needed but it saves some extra directories on disk.

If aything goes wrong (explorer gets unresponsive etc) or you can't delete the two dll's from the windows directory just reboot into safe mode (press F8 during computer startup).

Comment

Originally Posted by wvd_vegt
                      Hi

For the daring (as I had quite some intesting problems figuring things out):

First: the awxDTools_105b072 installer is looking for daemon.dll and pfctoc.dll inside the windows directory during installing. If missing the install is aborted.

Steps to install Daemon Tools 4.x & awxDtools from scratch

Code:
                      1) Install daemon403-x86.exe

2) Copy daemon.dll and pfctoc.dll into the windows directory.
                      3) Install awxDTools_105b072.exe into the "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools" directory.
                      4) Kill installer with taskmanager when it hangs registering awxdtools.dll
                      5) Delete daemon.dll and pfctoc.dll into the windows directory

6) Move awxCommon.dll from C:\program files\arniWORX\Common -> C:\program files\DAEMON Tools
                      7) use regedit to change the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\arniWORX\Commondll to C:\program files\DAEMON Tools\awxCommon.dll

8) use regedit to remove awxDtools key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and run the commands below:

cd "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools"   
                          rundll32 "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools\awxDTools.dll",awxRegisterDll /r

9) Turn off options|secure mode in DAEMON Tools trayicon
                      10) Finally right click an cd/dvd image to test all above...
                      The steps 6 and 7 might not needed but it saves some extra directories on disk.

If aything goes wrong (explorer gets unresponsive etc) or you can't delete the two dll's from the windows directory just reboot into safe mode (press F8 during computer startup).
                      I just tried all of these steps exactly, and I still get an error when I restart saying that no "daemon.dll" was detected and a reinstall will probably fix this problem... I think the problem here is that, regardless of how you try and workaround the problem of using awxDTools by tricking it into thinking the dll's exist, in the end, it requires that dll to actually register itself on startup... if you try and leave the dll's there, the system becomes unstable, and the same goes for hoffes' method...

Sorry guys, guess it's back to square one :/

Comment

Hi did you make sure to copy the awxdtools dll's into the C:\program files\DAEMON Tools" directory (so not the subdirectories).

You may also have to correct the path of the key under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\arniWORX\awxDTools

After the register command (step 8) it's a matter of turning secure mode off and log-off & log-on again to load the awxdtools shell extension. The registration command should end with a dialog saying registration went ok.

Just tried it again on a machine and the method worked for the third time. This time on a machine wth awxdtools already installed in another directory (so i had to move these dll's after Daemon tools was installed).

Comment

The simple dynamics...

Thanks for the tips wvd_vegt, but I made sure all of that was done the first time, and just did it again a second and third time. Each time I did it, either the system would lock up when I restarted my machine after the installs, or would restart and give me an error message that the required dll, the one that awxDTools looks for in the windows directory every time it registers itself, was missing and therefore its own dll could not be registered. So I don't know how you got it to work once, let alone 3 times, but simply changing the location of the dll's in the registry isn't gonna change the makeup of the program in question. Thanks again for your attempt, but looks like we're not gonna get what we wished for as the maker of awxDTools can't be reached by anyone who's tried to update the script :/

Comment

in replacement of awxdtools (that was great) i use LuluDaemon which permit to mount/unmount any image file by rightclicking on it and choose the destination virutal drive.
                            Just have a look at screenshots on the official website :
                            http://schweinerei.dyndns.org/luluDaemonE.php (english page)
                            DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Comment

Originally Posted by rip_pit
                              in replacement of awxdtools (that was great) i use LuluDaemon which permit to mount/unmount any image file by rightclicking on it and choose the destination virutal drive.
                              Just have a look at screenshots on the official website :
                              http://schweinerei.dyndns.org/luluDaemonE.php (english page)
                              Yah, that was the one that I was actually considering switching over to I just hope that it has the functionality and ease of use of awxDTools without taking up too much resources

Comment

Originally Posted by Farshid420
                                Yah, that was the one that I was actually considering switching over to I just hope that it has the functionality and ease of use of awxDTools without taking up too much resources
                                hello,

i developed luluDaemon with the purpose of making an awxDTools clone because it has a good concept. the resources luluDaemon uses are at a minimum, its really just the code for the contextmenu and the code for launching daemon tools with the needed commandline switch.
                                if you want to see any functions in luluDaemon besides the current, tell me!

oopepe

Comment

Working...
                                X