• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will it work with windows x64?

Comment

Originally Posted by Pyr0
      will it work with windows x64?
      i didnt test it under x64, but i know someone who did and he told me that luluDaemon works well under x64.
      if it doesnt run under x64 tell me and ill fix it.

Comment

Sweet!

Thanx oopepe, I had no idea you were the developer, but that's one awesome addon! I will be sure to let you know if there's anything you can add once I get a chance to properly test her out

Comment

Hi,

The Tutorial dosen't work for me under x64 any ideas ?

whats wrong ? all steps with no error ?

mfg
          Crash Override

Comment

Originally Posted by Crash Override
            Hi,

The Tutorial dosen't work for me under x64 any ideas ?

whats wrong ? all steps with no error ?

mfg
            Crash Override
            Crash Override, please read post #27, that's the best explanation I can give you :/

Comment

Hi,

Some last tip (after making sure the awxdtools rundll key registry key is pointing to it's new location:
              HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run)

Add the Daemontool directory to the path (right click my computer/choose properties and the advanced tab)!

Comment

Originally Posted by wvd_vegt
                Hi,

Some last tip (after making sure the awxdtools rundll key registry key is pointing to it's new location:
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run)

Add the Daemontool directory to the path (right click my computer/choose properties and the advanced tab)!
                Thanx again wvd_vegt, but that was part of your original set of instructions, so I really don't see how that changes anything :/

Comment

Hi
                  Code:
                  1) Install daemon403-x86.exe

2) Copy daemon.dll and pfctoc.dll into the windows directory.
                  3) Install awxDTools_105b072.exe into the "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools" directory.
                  4) Kill installer with taskmanager when it hangs registering awxdtools.dll
                  5) Delete daemon.dll and pfctoc.dll into the windows directory

6) Move awxCommon.dll from C:\program files\arniWORX\Common -> C:\program files\DAEMON Tools
                  7) use regedit to change the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\arniWORX\Commondll to C:\program files\DAEMON Tools\awxCommon.dll

8) use regedit to remove awxDtools key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and run the commands below:

cd "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools"   
                      rundll32 "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools\awxDTools.dll",awxRegisterDll /r

9) Turn off options|secure mode in DAEMON Tools trayicon
                  10) Finally right click an cd/dvd image to test all above...
                  Beautiful solution, wvd_vegt. It worked perfectly for me.
                  I noticed that it didn't work for some people and I think I know why. When awxDTools is pointed to install in the DAEMON Tools folder, it still creates a sub-folder "awxDTools", so if people tried to copy and paste that command for registering awxDTools.dll that you put in your instructions, then it would be pointing to a dll that is nonexistent in that folder, but in a sub-folder.

To others, I have taken it upon myself to add an extra step for those to whom it may apply:
                  Hi
                  Code:
                  1) Install daemon403-x86.exe

2) Copy daemon.dll and pfctoc.dll into the windows directory.
                  3) Install awxDTools_105b072.exe into the "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools" directory.
                  4) Kill installer with taskmanager when it hangs registering awxdtools.dll
                  5) Delete daemon.dll and pfctoc.dll into the windows directory

6) Move awxCommon.dll from C:\program files\arniWORX\Common -> C:\program files\DAEMON Tools
                  7) use regedit to change the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\arniWORX\Commondll to C:\program files\DAEMON Tools\awxCommon.dll
                  8.) If there is a folder called "awxDTools" in your DAEMON Tools folder, move the contents of awxDTools to the DAEMON Tools folder. You can delete the awxDTools folder if you'd like (there should be nothing in it).

9) use regedit to remove awxDtools key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and run the commands below:

rundll32 "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools\awxDTools.dll,awxRegisterDll /r

10) Turn off options|secure mode in DAEMON Tools trayicon
                  10) Finally right click an cd/dvd image to test all above...

Comment

Farshid420, is there a folder called "awxDTools" in your DAEMON Tools folder? If so, move all the contents of that folder into the root DAEMON Tools folder, and then run the register DLL command.
                    Hope this helps,
                    -fobis

Comment

Originally Posted by fobis
                      Farshid420, is there a folder called "awxDTools" in your DAEMON Tools folder? If so, move all the contents of that folder into the root DAEMON Tools folder, and then run the register DLL command.
                      Hope this helps,
                      -fobis
                      Thanks for the help fobis, and for noticing that error in the original steps, unfortunately, I'm really anal when it comes to things like where apps are installed, and I made sure that it installed into the root DT folder, and that all the dlls were in there, including the ones for awxDTools, with no subfolders, and that all the keys matched, but I still had no luck, as the computer eventually froze after restart, or it gave me an error that the dll in the windows dir was missing on startup. Thanks for trying though!

Comment

For those who recieve the missing daemon.dll error, make sure you're running the rundll32 command from the Deamon Tools folder, and not from C:\ or somewhere else.

Comment

Originally Posted by Raan
                          For those who recieve the missing daemon.dll error, make sure you're running the rundll32 command from the Deamon Tools folder, and not from C:\ or somewhere else.
                          Already tried that, and double checked, with no success :/

Comment

Alright, let's see what else I can come up with. Do you have quotes ("") around the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\arniWORX\Commondll key?

Also, in the second version of the commands, one quote is missing, make sure you get that one.
                            (rundll32 "C:\program files\DAEMON Tools\awxDTools.dll",awxRegisterDll /r)

And try searching through your register for a key with the value C:\Windows\daemon.dll and change that to the correct path.

That's all I can think of right now.

Comment

Working...
                            X