Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to defeat Starforce by spending 20/20$ (full IDE support)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This works great for me. Haven't had a chance to try it with many games, but bet on soldier worked a treat. Reboot bug sounds like a weird problem...

Comment

rebooting problem

Okay, still off-topic for this thread... :-)

I'm glad to read that for some of you guys your CD/DVD filter drivers don't have anything to do with the reboots. Thanks for checking.

It seems to be nForce chipset + RAID + Starforce + DAEMON Tools 4 = rebooting problem.

A workaround seems to be moving the image file to another storage technology. If you can change where the image file will be mounted from I'd try selecting from (examples: motherboard's IDE controller,IDE expansion card, motherboard's SATA controller (don't know if Nvidia makes this yet),SATA expansion card,RAID,USB optical drive,USB hard disk,firewire optical drive,firewire hard disk,or any other storage device you can imagine such as a 1gb memory stick.
      Last edited by Underheaven; 25.11.2005, 07:00.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

If I wanted to to try the PCI Raid card, which one should I buy from newegg.com? I can't find the one discussed here. Thanks.

Comment

It doesn't have to be RAID. Just on a PCI card.

PCI SATA card, normal PCI card with 1 or 2 IDE ports, PCI SATA II card, etc.

Comment

Originally Posted by JoelEllison
            It doesn't have to be RAID. Just on a PCI card.

PCI SATA card, normal PCI card with 1 or 2 IDE ports, PCI SATA II card, etc.
            Worked great, thanks!

Comment

Does anyone have experience with ITE8212f Chipset? Does this method work with other chipsets too or just with SiliconImage 0680 Chipset?

Comment

Any motherboard/IDE chipset will work. You're adding something to an empty PCI slot.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Can someone confirm that this is the right one?

*This One*

And does it give speed loss?

Tnx in advance:wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by bike
                    Worked great, thanks!
                    I jinxed myself and spoke too soon...UFO Aftershock with 1.1 patch no longer works.

Comment

I just bought a EIO DM-8401 with EIO chipset,

im not sure why its not detecting my CDrom and DVDRom drive could someone confirm this?

Comment

How To Hack StarForce!!!!!!!

go buy a external harddrive enclosure and connect up a cd rom drive instead of a harddrive
                        burn the image of the game to cd using Alcohol at 4x, RAWDAO, with RSPS or wot ever it is turned off
                        when the select Securom *NEW setting at the bottom not the (4/5) one!
                        click next select "TOC same as source on CD"

OK!

Put CD in External CD Drive And Disable Enternal CD rom Drives
                        using a program like SFNightmare or Starf**k

worked every time for every starforce game iv tried good luck

Comment

hi guys , as you can see i'm a new and i'm very happy to join this really useful forum, thanks indeed!!!

I'm going to buy a controller to solve the awful starforce problem , since i'm really tired of unplugging my ide devices , i would like to show some stuff i'd like to buy in order to be sure that it'll work:

the only problem for me could be that my round cables (standard size) maybe are not long enough to reach the pci port..is it just a stupid prolbem or is it serious?

and for example an ide\sata adaptor would work as well? here you are the link:

it seem to be for hd but i think it should work also for optical drive..shouldn't it?
                          Thanks in advance pals!!

I hate starforce!!!!

Comment

We herewith confirm the bug between StarForce together with
                            DaemonTools V4 in some constellations. We release next week
                            a new version which, beside a new functionality (capability
                            to uncheck for the "open file handle" dialog), also adress this
                            reboot-problems

Comment

In reply to
                              LocutusofBorg

thats excellent news, I have the raid controller mentioned in thread as wekk and combined with DT4 there is nothing else needed to run backups of SF games, the reboot issue does happen to me as well, good to hear it will be looked after, thanks

merry xmas everyone!

Comment

hi , i have an ITE8212 RAID Controller , but it wont recognize my dvd drives ? anyone know why?

Comment

Working...
                                X