Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to defeat Starforce by spending 20/20$ (full IDE support)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Insane5000

Thank you for this info. Of course this is a much smarter way to disable your optical drives. But I believe SF will fix this in the future (like disabling the drives via Starforce Nightmare).

But then the IDE Jammer or vIDE from Daemon Tools will be available.

Greetings
    Alexander

PS:
    Does SF3.7 work with an RMPS backup in an external USB CD-ROM?

Comment

Originally Posted by Alexander
      Does SF3.7 work with an RMPS backup in an external USB CD-ROM?
      I read that it works, but i'm not sure!
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I suspect that Starforce frontline 3.7 *ONLY* have blacklist on Daemon tools 3.47 & alcohol 120% with RMPS emulation on on USB DVD/CDRW, so USB DVDRW/CDRW not work more if you still using DT 3.47 with USB, also Starforce frontline 3.7 blacklisted SFcure , so DT 3.47 become no use on Starforce 3.7++++.....

But there is a report that Starforce frontline 3.7 can works with USB/CDRW by playing backup disk with emulation open *ONLY* inside DT 4.0. That means starforce 3.7 havn't blacklist DT 4.0 yet.

Comment

I have bought a PCI ATA 133 IDE card (Raid support - optional). The drivers are installed automatically, but now i cannot see my (physical) DVD-RW...............am i doing something wrong?

The motherboard is an ASUS PWD2 and through the "onboard chipsets" i have set the controller to IDE mode with Standard Detection method.

Yet, when the system starts up and scans for IDE drivers (4 in total) there is no indication of the plugged dvdrw. Also, when in windows, there's no physical drive (only one virtual by Alcohol 120%).

Any help would be welcome

Comment

Athanasios, did you set the jumpers right on your DVD-RW drive? Did you check the card manufacturer's homepage for any card BIOS updates fixing known problems like the one you have?
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

usb 2

newbie question:is it ok on the asus a7n8x-e deluxe going on external usb2 ide,or is better get the ata raid controller(i think also my mobo got the raid) u said at the thread's beginning ????just want to be sure aboute starforce

Comment

In order to stay on topic and be less confusing, I've split
                this discussion into two threads .

Here's the link to dr.art's PCI RAID expansion card discussion.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                X