Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Mapping over networks fails

I can confirm that Problem, mounting an image on my Laptop over Network results on a instant reboot of Windows XP (latest Updates applied!). It seems to happen also with XP and manufactures drivers. Older Daemon-Tools worked fine. I noticed this problem with DT 3.29 and up.

Firebird

I have the same problem. I have tried DT 3.23 and 3.29 on my WinXP SP1 machine with all the updates. As soon as I try to mount an image that's either at \\Server\Path or a drive letter I mapped, the system instantly reboots. I don't even get a STOP error which I should get if there was a crash because I have it set not to reboot.

The strange thing is that not all images cause this. I've tried mounting Windows 2000 Professional (ISO) and Diablo II Expansion (CCD);
    INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
    both worked. When I tried to mount C&C Red Alert II (CCD) and C&C Generals (CCD);
    INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
    both failed with an instant reboot. All images worked fine when copied to a local drive.

I also have the LNE100TX(v5) driver. It has given me problems years ago under Win2K when it had conflicts with my SB Live, but that was the v4 driver. I've never had any problems with it under XP.

Is this a bug in the Linksys driver or DT? Why does it happen with only certain images?

Administrator

I am currently working on this problem. Thanks for report.

While you work on it, do you know what exactly is causing it? Are there any temporary workarounds I can use before the next version?

Administrator

Try to remove any antivirus programs and/or change the network card driver.

I don't have any antivirus programs running and this driver is the only one that works with the card. I guess I'll wait for the next version. Any idea when it will be out?

Administrator

I will let you know.

Default I donґt use any antivirus-soft either.

No antivirus installed and tried also alternative Network-Drivers. No changes here. The system reboots instantly

Default The newest Version works :-)!

Great Job, the newest Version of DT works fine for me now. Thanx a lot for that superb tool !!!!

New User

Hello, i still get the same reboot bug with the last release (3.33)

AMD 2000+, 10/100 card, Windows XP updated

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast