No announcement yet.

SERIOUS PROBLEM. DVD and CD burning stopped working after installing V4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a small point- You haven't played any Sony CDs recently have you?
    As you may or may not be aware, these installed all sorts of junk filter drivers etc as well as the rootkit, and I have seen reports of these breaking CD burning.
    It would also be helpful if you said exactly how CD burning is broken- If it just stops halfway through burning, your burner may be toast (These things do happen sometimes, could just be a bad coincidence)

Cheers

-Leezer-

Comment

I have a similar problem.
      When i burn an imagefil ( iso - bin ...) with nero or magiciso it complets, but the cd dosnґt work.
      If i burn the imagefile as a datadisk, there is no problem and i can read the disk again.
      I have win xp - SP1

Comment

Originally Posted by buppelupp
        It is clear to me that Daemon Tools 4 has either tampered with the IDE Controller drivers, or the CD-rom drivers themselves. Either way, my CD/DVD-roms are not recognized correctly anymore because windows keeps on saying my Primary and Secondary IDE channel is not functioning properly because the drivers aren't intended for this platform. If I uninstall the Controller/IDE channels/CD-roms, windows just reinstalls the same shit all over again and I'm back to square one...

I'd appreciate if someone could tell me _exactly_ what DT4 does when it comes to the IDE controller and CD-rom drivers. This is a very strange problem, because if I install the original drivers for my SIS IDE adapter, windows doesn't like it and my IDE Channels start complaining...

Help! I really don't want to re-install windows for a stupid thing like this.. There must be someway to get this working again. What are the *.Inf-files for the adapter? Maybe windows somehow mixes up the files it should be using with something that daemon has installed?
        This ide driver problem IS NOT because of daemon tools its the virtual device in alchohol thats causing it. Uninstall alcohol and BEFORE you reboot go to your device manager and uninstall your 2nd ide channel or 1st or both if you have any roms attached to it then reboot. The CORRECT ide drivers will be loaded and this problem will dissappear. Post the result thanks...............Slo

Comment

i want my recorder back

I got this problem too... :/
          Tried nero, dvd decrypter, alcohol120 etc and nothing :/ I cant burn anything geeezz... Lost few empty dvds for nothing..
          I have uninstalled dt4 and still nothing :/ And the axv scsi cdrom device is still listed in my hardware. wtf?

I just want my recorder back to normal, that's all.. help.. someone..

Comment

double posting..sorry
            Last edited by dainjah; 23.11.2005, 19:31.

Comment

Originally Posted by hugo1
              I have a similar problem.
              When i burn an imagefil ( iso - bin ...) with nero or magiciso it complets, but the cd dosnґt work.
              If i burn the imagefile as a datadisk, there is no problem and i can read the disk again.
              I have win xp - SP1

same here

Comment

Originally Posted by Slo
                This ide driver problem IS NOT because of daemon tools its the virtual device in alchohol thats causing it. Uninstall alcohol and BEFORE you reboot go to your device manager and uninstall your 2nd ide channel or 1st or both if you have any roms attached to it then reboot. The CORRECT ide drivers will be loaded and this problem will dissappear. Post the result thanks...............Slo
                The virtual drives in Alcohol are the same as those in Daemon Tools (with the exception of the new v4 that was just released). They cannot affect physical hardware any more than Daemon Tools can. Do you have any Starforce games installed? They do directly access drives with their own low-level driver, which could be the source of your problem.

Comment

Originally Posted by buppelupp
                  If "Catalog-files are broken", what can I do about it? Thanks

Please think carefully.....did you install a starforce protected game after you installed DTools 4?

new Starforce is known to affect burning of cds n dvds. Try swapping your Rom drives with each other and rebooting so wndows will have to assign different drivers....
                  ReBeLlIoN

Comment

I have this same problem. It's no fried wire or anything like it, DT must have somehow done something strange.
                    This afternoon I could still burn CDs/DVDs and right now (after installing DT) I can't.
                    I'm using the x64 version.
                    My computer just doesn't recognize my burners as such anymore, just readers.
                    I hope someone can find a solution quickly, as I haven't been able to.

I didn't install any game using DT, just _played_ one (sd4).
                    Didn't change any hardware or install any other software since I was still able to burn discs.

I you need any reports of any programs, I'll be glad to give 'em, but... tomorrow.

nightynight

Comment

Other people experiencing the same.

Sorry for not checking in for a while. This problem I had (before reinstalling XP) was NOT related to Alcohol Drivers or Starforce Protected games. I had removed EVERY tracy of Alcohol and Starforce and still no luck. Besides, the problem started occuring right after installing DT4 and rebooting. As someone else has experienced the same problem I think this issue is worth a serious looking into. As I've already suggested, I think it's somehow related to the IDE Controller driver being replaced which again affects the driver recognition. Anyway, good luck with fixing it Timmeh! . .. I really hope you don't have to reinstall the whole system, but I didn't have time to wait for a solution as I use the CD Burners all the time for my job.

Comment

Problem IS software related

One more thing that I forgot to mention. After I reinstalled Windows the CD burning DID work again. There was a different issue not relevant to this discussion preventing me from burning (Mp3 conversion to .CDA hangup)

SO the conclusion is that the problems I had before reinstalling the OS were definetely software related (DT4), NOT due to a fried cable/hardware issue. Sorry for not updating this before, thought I'd said it already.

Comment

My PC specs

Maybe it'll be of some help:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
                          AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Winchester)
                          1024 MB DDR/400 PC-3200 Infineon (Dual channel)
                          2 x 200 GB Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 (S-ATA, RAID0)
                          2 x Leadtek GeForce 6600 GT 128MB DDR3 (in SLI...)
                          NEC ND-3520A

I'm still puzzled, but won't reinstall windows yet, I want a real solution...

(and I have other pc's with burners working )

Comment

Don't reinstall!!! Use system restore. It worked for me! Now i dont have DT4 , but i can burn!!

Comment

I was checking trough the forums, and saw this post. So I decided to check if I could still burn dvd's.
                              The drive is gone from Nero 6 reloaded, but I can still burn files via Windows Explorer (haven't tried this yet). I'll maybe re-install Nero somewhere this week. And I hope this isn't a serious problem.

Regards

Comment

dont reinstall DT4, use system restore! i deinstalled dt4, then i used system restore now i can burn cd!! ill wait for fixup.

i have winxp pro x64,nforce 3 250 and nvidia drivers, for statistic

Comment

Working...
                                X