No announcement yet.

SERIOUS PROBLEM. DVD and CD burning stopped working after installing V4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither Daemon Tools nor Alcohol replace or in any way alter your IDE drivers. You're assuming something that isn't true.

Comment

Ok, so it seems Nero has some kind of protection (I guess).

I just switched my drives from the primary to the secondary IDE connection and now Windows recognized the burner again. But when I started Nero it still didn't see any drives(so not even as readers). Winamp however was now able to burn a CD.
      The drivers for my drives obviously haven't been changed.

I'm convinced DT triggered this somehow, but I couldn't say how...

Could it be Nero has such a protection?

Comment

i solved the problem by manually deleting that sctd.sys file and the other .sys file... now i can burn cd/dvds again.. after deleting those two files i runned nero burning rights program and clicked on the reset burning rights button and then re-started so now all is fine.
        so i wil wait for the next version of dt before i re-install it.

win x64 pro

Comment

Just tried to make a guess... Sorry

I am in no position to have any real opinion as to why these problems occur as I don't have any technical knowledge about what DT does. But as the same problem seems to be happening to several people, DT4 surely must change something else, if not the drivers. I just found it strange that I was suddenly asked to install new unrecognized drivers for my Host Controller after rebooting if Daemon truly doesn't tamper with it.. Anyway, won't speculate anymore as it probably does more harm than constructive discussion.. I hope someone can come up with a plausible explanation soon though as I'd like to start using DT again

Comment

Here's another one..

I know this is a re-post, but this guy seems to have experienced _exactly_ the same as me.

Originally Posted by juango7777
            Well i had install d-tools v3.46 or something like that well i decide uptade it to v4 well he ask me for a new controller sci and y remember he never did last time well i decide to accept when windows warning me so like i am crazy for game i accepr well
            after a loot of reebot d-tool dosent work he dont create non virtual device so i decide to errace SCI controller (that i update) well mi cD Writer break off plz i need some help to fix mi cd readder and i wanna a solucion because happend the same with alcohole i need some help to fix my problems of SCSi controller i think has to be with usb port what i do!!!!

Comment

Hi folks

Rushed to download the New X64 version of DT, as its a mean bit of kit and FantomDVD wasnt really up to the job!

But i go to burn a disc in Nero 6 and voila same problem as others are having, drives not found

I rename the stpd.sys (or whatever its called) and reboot, hey presto my drives come back

IS there a permanent fix for this on the way, as I dont want to have to keep renaming the .sys file, I dont mind and I understand its only been released, if the worst comes to the worst I will just rename the file when I want to burn or just try and use something other than NERO!

Comment

same problem, solved with nero 7

i found i had the same problem with nero 6
                i had installed DTx64, and everything was going great until i tried to burn a disc
                nero just didn't see any optical drives at all, and was asking me to get the burn rights tool from the nero site
                the burn rights tool would (or should) not help, as i already have administrative rights, and so should have full access to the drives already

the only soulution i found so that i could keep DTx64 installed permanently (and not have to rename files) was to upgrade nero to version 7
                although i was a little apprehensive about installing nero 7 ( i tried it when it was first released, it would crash while burning discs) the latest version had no problems finding my drives and burning discs

hope this helps

-P

Comment

See the sticky http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t755...nd-nero-6.html

Comment

Yes, please do NOT post in this thread anymore if you having burning issues and your OS is 64-bit.
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

The original problem of this thread was not on 64bit

The problems I experienced was not on a 64bit system, allthough it seems this is the cause for some other people.

Comment

Are there any problems showing in device manager?
                        the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Maybe DT has a conflict with Nero imagedrive, if nero's imagedrive is enabled, try disabling it...

Comment

I still have the problem.
                            I have updated nero to ver. 7 ultra edition, and everytime i burn an image (bin/cue or iso) it complets but dosnґt work afterall...

Comment

Hugo1, maybe a weird question, but when you burn an image with nero, are you sure you are using the option "burn image to disc"?

Comment

Hugo1, maybe a weird question, but when you burn an image with nero, are you sure you are using the option "burn image to disc"?
                                Yes i do.
                                Nero also burn the entire disc,a and it complets succesfully.But after when i click on properties of the disc - it says 0kb out off 0kb.

Comment

Working...
                                X