why sd4hide is still needed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why sd4hide is still needed??

i thought the blacklisting problem was solved with dt v4? along with the ide-starforce problem the only two problems of dtv347.

in my case need for speed most wanted only works with sd4hide activated but with this it also works with the good old alcohol (it uses the dt-teams starwind).

so what is the new thing abot dtv4?

DT v4 isn't blacklisted.
    Almost every new copy protection has blacklisted SCSI drives, and Daemon Tools is a SCSI emulator, so far.

Comment

Perhaps you have to uninstall old versions of the software that is blacklisted: clone cd, alcohol, Blindwrite Autoplay, etc. I'd try uninstalling Alcohol and using DAEMON Tools 4 without sd4hide.
      Last edited by Underheaven; 18.11.2005, 13:39.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

ok thx thats worth a try.

Comment

thats it, it works, thx.

Comment

What works? What have you uninstalled? Only cd-rom emulator i have is dt4 and it still dont work for me.
            Sry bio

Comment

i uninstalled alcohol. and now nfs-most wanted works without sd4hide.
              i guess you have to uninstall all kinds of virtual drives except dt.

Comment

The game detects and blacklists Alcohol, so it refuses to run. That's why you have to uninstall it.

Arb

Comment

You do not have to uninstall alcohol to get NFS MW to run. It works fine mounted w/ Daemon Tools 4 and IDE drives unplugged. At least for me it does.

Comment

Maybe with uninstalling Alcohol you don't need to unplug your IDE-Drives

Comment

Seems to be a little erratic about what works for each person.

Arb

Comment

Originally Posted by Dark Arbitor
                        Seems to be a little erratic about what works for each person.

Arb
                        Seems true, everyone is having all kinds of differing results.

Comment

Hi,

I tried to install the game mounted with DT4 and the play it but it doesn't work. Not with nor without sd4hid, Anti-Blaxx or virtual-cd-hide. I tried the same with Alcohol 120% v1.9.5.3105 but same result. I tried to disable my dvd-burner with SFN but still the same. If any one still got an idea pleas help me.

Here are the two errors with and without disabled dvddevice:

I want to play this game without MY original cds.

MfG derflooh

Comment

Which configuration do you used on the first screen and which on the second ?

It seems that your *mds file hadn`t the right informations.

Try this *mds file if it works maybe for you (Rename it like the imagename)

Proper *mds file

If you have AnyDVD run, close it (Dunno if safedisk checks for it but securom 7 does, so try)
                            Last edited by Mystique; 20.11.2005, 00:43.
                            You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
                            sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Originally Posted by derflooh
                              Hi,
                              . I tried to disable my dvd-burner with SFN but still the same. If any one still got an idea pleas help me.

MfG derflooh
                              And again someone that does not understand that he
                              must DISCONNECT his optical drives from power and
                              play this game using the image file only. Simply disabling
                              the drive via bios or software doesnt help and especially not if you disable it with the WRONG tool. SFNightmare is for
                              Starforce and not for SAFEDISC. You must use SD4HIDE.EXE. Safedisc doesnt care a rats ass if you disable
                              node and cd using sfnightmare.
                              Guys vote for the threads you read to give
                              the rating system a place to live ^^

Comment

Working...
                              X