No announcement yet.

DT4 works...other programs still there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT4 works...other programs still there?

Would like some advice on how to get things properly working!

I would like some opinions on what i could do/check to make sure i can get DT4 to work without sd4hider.

Earlier i got starforce 3.6.10.03 working no problem with sfcure etc with sfnightmare...without physical disabling.

i would like to run safedisc4 without sd4hider.

what did i do:
    -removed sfcure driver and registry entries
    -removed old deamon tools registry entries that i could find
    (still some other scsi miniport drivers there, dont dare delete all in registry)
    -removes old daemon-tools drivers system32/drivers
    -uninstalled alchohol120%, removed drives in system32/drivers

i run a dutch system: this is my device managerjpeg screencapture of it)

amd 3500+ (64) with winxp sp2
    2xsata, officially via raid setup, but both seperated there, not linked raid (yes, thats possible on the asus mobo)
    plextor dvdr as only cdrom drive

the virtual disk device=winternals admin device

Any opinions on what could cause safedisc4 to need sd4hider still at this point with dt4?

would appreciate feedback there!

I have a lot of registries in system/mounted devices
    anyway i can sift through those?
    or are those unlikely to cause problems?

Comment

Some people reported that they got StarForce 3.6 games running on Daemon Tools v4 despite optical IDE drives being installed in the system. We're investigating that, but we don't know how that could happen. We haven't been able to reproduce this on other systems, right now it appears to be quite random.

Sorry, but I don't know how you'll get SF3.6 running without disabling your optical IDE drives (i.e. unplugging them).
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I have X3 running just by monting the image using DT4, all drives connected and no other tools. How this has happened I don't know but if I can help you find out why I am willing to give any info you may require.
        My Rig: AMD64 3200+ :MSI Neo2, Nforce3 Mobo: 2Gig 3200 400Mhz Ram: ATI X800Pro Graphics Card.

Comment

@crackedtooth:
          Is your Plextor drive connected via IDE? If so, it's probably causing the DT4 SCSI virtual drive to be blacklisted.

I can get X3 to work fine with only DT4 if I pull the IDE cable that connects my IDE optical drives. Otherwise the game keeps asking for the correct media.

Arb

Comment

My friend is running starforce 3 games without disable anything, he runs swedish windows. i run english windows and i cant run without either disable the ide controller in windows or remove the power cord to the drives. Anyone who has english windows and run without disable their drives? just had a theory that maybe it works on none english systems. Hmm just a thought i had.

Comment

Doesn't work on a german Windows XP SP2 either. I seriously doubt that it's related to the OS' language.
              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I have said this in the RAID controller thread, but I'll say it again- There must be some sort of common denominator for SF games working that is hardware related.
                My mobo (MSI R480-IL) has onboard SATA RAID, but the 2x optical drives are connnected to a single IDE channel (DVD as master, burner as slave) I also only have the 1 HDD, but both SF games I've tried (SCCT & X3: Reunion) have worked flawlessly with only the image mounted in the DT 4 drive.
                I'm running an English version of XP Pro, and upgraded from DT3, any thoughts from these specs?

I'd be interested to see if there is any common denominator of chipset or drivers underlying the ability to mount & run SF games with IDE drives still present.

@Netsoerfer- Where do you want this reported? I have considerable experience in Windows hacking & tweaking, as well as a working if limited knowledge of programming.
                I will see if I can get one of my SF games to generate a report, and if so shove it your way

Cheers

-Leezer-

Comment

Working...
                X