Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vampire: Bloodlines on x64 Solution found!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampire: Bloodlines on x64 Solution found!

Hey Guys,
    Before you freak and think I'm going to provide a solution to circumvent the copy protection of this game, forget it.

Vampires works perfectly fine on the x64 platform, however, it uses an unsupported installer which I thought until now made it futile to install on x64.

On PlanetAMD, there was a modified MSI or installer file for Vampires which treated x64 as a supported OS.
    So no, this is not a crack or an emulator or other crap, so relax legitament fans of the game.

What I'm asking is does anyone know of a link or URL or has a copy of this MSI to share with the 64bit community?
    I know there must be other Vampire Fans who hate been pinned down to x86 architecture because of an installer.

Bloodlines is awesome, everyone purchase it, it's like $20 now.
    How cool is that?

Thanks everybody.
    If you find a link or have the file, email me at
    Reaperishere@hotmail.com

How's x64 D-Tools Going?
    -The Reaper

Re: Vampire Bloodlines on x64

Can you just copy your install folder and registry entries from another machine?

Edit: The download ID is 276. They have a note that they fixed the download link.
    Last edited by Underheaven; 22.11.2005, 06:01.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Comment

The x64 Buff's Dream

Just letting the community know, you have to be an authenicated user to download the Vampire File.

PlanetAMD64 is a worthy x64 based web site and membership is free but I would recommend sponsoring their work.

Keep 'em a go, I think you'll be pleased.

-The Reaper

Comment

ah i got the MSI but but not got it working yet
          you need to change the MSI file from the CD witch will be a easy to replace for the x64 MSI file
          i have posted a topic how to replace the MSI of the CD
          sinds the MSI file needs to be read out by the setup?

Comment

Orca

I know once, while trying out windows server 2003 x64, some games would not install *cough* star wars lego *cough*. I'm pretty sure that I was able to download a program called orca which allows you to edit *.msi files, and change the supported platforms

Comment

How

Blackwood,

Can you tell where to find the OS references in the MSI file with ORCA. And how to disable the OS check or add x64.

Many thanks for this.:wink:

Comment

Hope this Helps

As Subject /\ In Lego Star Wars demo the key to delete/Change. Was Launch Condition. See Attached. What I did to find it in anycase was search for the the error message inside the *.msi.

Comment

Orca

Hey Blackwood,
                  Orca is part of the Installer's SDK package, instead of making people download that horrible package, why don't you upload the Orca.msi file at www.planetamd64.com or upload it at Gamecopyworld so people can continue to bypass the OS restriction encountered in some titles including Lego Star Wars. Very funny game.

Thanks, I'm sure the x64 community would be very grateful too.!

-The Reaper

Comment

Orca

Sorry about the LATE reply I only just noticed this thread had another reply. Anyways I'm about to install vampire myself in a few hours. So i'll try it out then send some screenies and hopefully remember to upload Orca.msi, I'm pretty sure i still have it lying around

Comment

Orca

go here for Orca:

Then copy all 3 cd's to a directory eg C:\Temp.

Then you'll need to edit Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines.msi as shown in the attached screenie.

Once edited you should be able to install. It seemed to work here I haven't actually tried playing it yet though :P

Comment

Runs well, even with the game's bugs... in fact it works better than in a 32 bits environment.
                        Carpe diem

Comment

On PlanetAMD64.com there's already an edited version of the setup file in the downloads section.

Comment

Working...
                          X