Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFS most wanted

Hi, im really new with all this DT and all
    I really want to play nfs but i dont know how, i tried to mount disc 1 from nfs, but it sais i need the original cd, i looked on the forum and everybody is talking about SD4HIDE and such, but i dont know what they mean or where to find them, can anyone please help me =)

You can get SafeDisc 4 Hider here.

Comment

then just insert your original cd :p

NFSMW works without any other third party tools, just make a proper image and mount it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Smoky
        NFSMW works without any other third party tools, just make a proper image and mount it.
        NFS:MW is protected with SafeDisc 4.6 which checks for the presence of optical IDE drives. If any are found, SCSI drives (virtual and physical) are blocked, hence you need either SFN or SD4hide or similar tools.

I heard that there are a few systems that seem not to need these tools. We don't know how this is possible, and we haven't been able to reproduce this on other systems.

If you're not one of the lucky few, you'll need those tools.
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
          I heard that there are a few systems that seem not to need these tools. We don't know how this is possible, and we haven't been able to reproduce this on other systems.

If you're not one of the lucky few, you'll need those tools.
          Here is the method to launch any game protected with securom or safedisk, without any tools:
          Let's consider you have C: and D: hard drives and E: DVD drive. Install daemon, it will create a F: drive.
          Go into windows device manager and disable your dvd drive (E: ).
          Then, launch computer management, from administrative tools (or compmgmt.msc at run) and go to the "disk management" section.
          Once here, right click on your virtual drive and choose "change drive letter and paths". replace the letter F: by E:
          The letter of the virtual drive must be the first following your hard drives.

Done! You'll now be able able to launch any games without any tools.

Last edited by VanillaSky; 22.11.2005, 00:24.

Comment

NFS most wanted works perfectly with me... no aditional software installed,but daemon tools v4 (ok,and alcohol 120% ) Luck? Yeah,probably ... Mounted images made from alcohol 120%

Comment

Originally Posted by VanillaSky
              The letter of the virtual drive must be the first following your hard drives.
              Not necessary for me. I just "enabled CD" in SFN, then disabled my two DVD drives in the device manager. I have 4 HD partitions (C:\ - F:\), and DT's virtual drive is I:\.

NFS:MW runs fine, starts way faster than with the drives hidden by SFN by the way.
              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Hi,

for my part, i can make this game running simply by using deamon-tools V4 without any option ON ( juste the image mounting fonction )and the use of DVD REGION free launched.

Boths make it runs nice. If DVD region Free off, the game crash due to a temp file.

Hope it helps,

Weeby.

Comment

Working...
                X