Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucky: sf3.6 working whithout disabling anything!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how this could be, that so many nForce3 users (including me) don't need to disable anything.
    This needs to be examinated.

Comment

There has to be a common reason for our absolute success using Daemon Tools x64. I mean, from my own experience, I am talking about every type of copyprotection currently available, no matter if it's StarForce or SecuROM or what build of protection is implemented in the game title, they all simply all just work.

It may be as some are suggesting on the forums that owners of nForce 3 chipset based motherboards are having this complete or very near to it, success down to their chipset-type.

Or it may have nothing to do with which nForce chipset you have but down to having a PCI IDE expansion card?

I have 4 hard drives. The first 2 x 200GB PATA drives are connected to my primary IDE controller on motherboard. The secondary IDE controller has my Pioneer DVDR 109 connected to it. I also have a Promise Ultra133 TX2 IDE expansion card, to which I have 2 x 120GB PATA Seagate Barracudas connected. If you notice in the screenshot, these IDE PATA drives are detected as SCSI (I wish) drives:

http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?i...manager5yv.jpg

Does having the apparently "real" SCSI hard drives alter the ability for copy protections to correctly identify whether or not a virtual SCSI disk is blacklisted?

Or is it a flukey combination of one or the either, or both, the nForce plus my Promise controller card? It's a mystery, although of course I'm certainly not complaining
      Last edited by ManMountain; 28.11.2005, 12:11.

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
        I wonder how this could be, that so many nForce3 users (including me) don't need to disable anything.
        This needs to be examinated.
        Check this thread
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
          Yeah I read it right after you made that thread.

Comment

yeah man i got a nforce 3 as well but haven't tried a starforce game yet

Comment

Ha! great, works with the 64bit version of DT4 as well, no unplugging, DT4 with a sprinkle of nforce rocks. All copy protection problems are a thing of the past for me now.
              My Rig: AMD64 3200+ :MSI Neo2, Nforce3 Mobo: 2Gig 3200 400Mhz Ram: ATI X800Pro Graphics Card.

Comment

that's good we have at least the explanation
                thanks for that!

Comment

No luck

Hate to break it to you guys, but nForce3 is where the fun stops. I got a Gigabyte ga-k8nf-9 board with a nForce4 chip complete with the Nvidia IDE RAID drivers and for the past 9 hours straight I've been trying to run my backup of X3 with no success. I've tried everything in conjunction with DT 3.47 and DT 4, from following various SFcure instructions (!setup.bat, !start.bat, !stop.bat...blah blah) to SFAFSB.exe to SFnightmare to virtual-cd-hider to StarF*cker Revolution to unplugging EVERY SINGLE frikkin IDE drive (except IDE HDD on channel1 and a sata HDD) and going throught it all again. I am too exhausted and hungry to be frustrated... so I'll just warn you guys not to try ANYTHING on nvidia nforce4 board that has to do anything with SF, as it will not work... unless of course im just a remotely isolated case that should not be allowed near computers because I make them not work.
                  btw I got a 64bit AMD if thats any help

Comment

I have the Nforce 3 IDE drivers installed, does anyone know if DT4 works with Microsofts vanilla IDE drivers intalled.

@Sharik, yes I've heard about simler problems getting Nforce 4 to work with starforce but I have also been told that Nforce 4 get past all other protections using only DT4 and no other tools.
                    Last edited by Da_Junka; 30.11.2005, 18:15.
                    My Rig: AMD64 3200+ :MSI Neo2, Nforce3 Mobo: 2Gig 3200 400Mhz Ram: ATI X800Pro Graphics Card.

Comment

Sharik, how did you create the X3 image? Did you use Alcohol 120% with the StarForce-profile? StarForce messes with Alcohol's DPM process so you cannot create working images of StarForce protected games if the StarForce driver is installed. Please uninstall it with the official SF driver removal tool and create a new image.
                      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Lock on Flaming clifs with starforce

I had install Lock on Flaming clifs and i want to start without any cd check and code(serial). Because it starts and then verify the cd tahat is mounted in Demon 4 cd check fail but it goes to the next step and ask for the code after the checking procedure ask me again what's the code. What shall I do ?

Comment

a cd check is different than when a game asks you for a serial number or cd key

Comment

Ok thank you , but what can i do with this? I need help

Comment

Here's the thing for nForce 2 users.. On my girlfriend's machine (Asus A8NX motherboard) she can play NFS Most Wanted without unplugging anything ONLY if nvidia IDE driver is instaled. If microsoft drivers are in use then she must use starforce nightmare to disable secondary IDE channel (Asus CD-RW as master). On my machine (Asus A8N-E & AMD64 3200 venice, 64bit windows) i can play NFS most wanted without unplugging anything too! No matter what drivers for IDE (I own 2x160GB SATAII) are in use!
                              Can't tell anything (for now) about starforce games, because i don't have any... So there must be something about IDE drivers... And i know that many of you hate nvidia's IDE drivers including me, it takes 100% more time to boot up my machine with nvidia IDE drivers in use.

Comment

To NetSoerfer - No, I did not have SF installed when the image was created. I followed TirGon's instructions @ http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t663...ted-image.html

Yesterday, I decided to install "NVIDIA IDE driver for nForce4 series" v.6.66 (35.25 MB) in hopes that what people say about nforce mobos running X3 backup with no problems - which was a grave mistake.

The installation then prompted me to restart my computer, so I did and logged back into my account from the Login screen (which took about 30-40 seconds! to load my personal settings) but all I got was a blank desktop with no icons or taskbar, only a mouse pointer with wallpaper.

I restarted and relogged a couple of times but still nothing - its bad enough that the Nvidia IDE drivers were no help against SF, they have messed up my system just like the systems of many others who decided to try nvidia IDE drivers.

Thank God for Winternals bootable cd with system restore.

Comment

Working...
                                X