Need help unplugging my cd drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help unplugging my cd drive

I'm sorry if this has already been answered some where but I looked and couldn't find it anywhere.

I've read that in order to play some games using daemon tools, that I have to unplug my cd drive. I'm not very good with the inner workings of a compture and was wondering if someone could please explain to me how to unplug it. Thanks in advance for your time.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/show...5009#post35009

Check there ^^
    No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Turn off Computer and unplug both cable (IDE + power) from Optical Drives eg. CD/DVD-Rom and restart PC.

e voila Unplugged.
      You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
      sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Originally Posted by Mystique
        Turn off Computer and unplug both cable (IDE + power) from Optical Drives eg. CD/DVD-Rom and restart PC.

e voila Unplugged.
        Actually, you only need to unplug the IDE cable. You can leave the power cable plugged in.
        To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Starforce Nightmare

I just use starforce nightmare to unplug mine. just click disable cd button and when youre done doing whatever it is you were doing, just click enable cd. no opening the computer, so no worries.
          My computer is like Ron Jeremy, may look ugly, but its packing more than you can handle.

Comment

And I just unplug my burners DVD power connector. Figure it's a lot easier to plug in the power connector then the IDE connector although I now use a burner hooked up to a USB2IDE adaptor.

Comment

Originally Posted by sean0883
              I just use starforce nightmare to unplug mine. just click disable cd button and when youre done doing whatever it is you were doing, just click enable cd. no opening the computer, so no worries.
              Yeah but with the later versions of SF (3.6 for example) that program does very little for most motherboards. I have to physically disconnect mine because I am running a i865PE chipset.

(sorry for the typo AmphetaMarinE, its corrected now)
              Last edited by pumpkinsoftruth; 02.01.2006, 06:26.

Comment

Originally Posted by pumpkinsoftruth
                Yeah but with the later versions of SF (3.6 for example) that program does very little for most motherboards. I have to physically disconnect mine because I am running a 1865PE chipset.
                That would be an i865PE chipset for those that don't know....
                SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

Working...
                X