No announcement yet.

X3: Renunion Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if the US release has the same Starforce protection as the UK version? I mean the aiblity to play off an image is great but that will not work for my Laptop >_<;; so would prefer a version that did not have starforce altogether...

Comment

Originally Posted by ArioNeko
      Does anyone know if the US release has the same Starforce protection as the UK version? I mean the aiblity to play off an image is great but that will not work for my Laptop >_<;; so would prefer a version that did not have starforce altogether...
      they both use starforce, lol. i have the UK published by Deep Silver.

Comment

All X3 - Reunion releases contain StarForce, and all are the same version. 3.5.10.6
        No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Originally Posted by sandlot
          Man why don't they make things easy nowadays. I been trying to run X3 using SFcure and SFNightmare or whatever but its just a waste of unstable space. Anyone got any ideas on how to make X3 run without any cd or just plain run period.
          It looks at the moment that people with Nforce3 motherboards are the ones running X3 with their drives still enabled and only using DT4. Could just be coincidence though.
          My Rig: AMD64 3200+ :MSI Neo2, Nforce3 Mobo: 2Gig 3200 400Mhz Ram: ATI X800Pro Graphics Card.

Comment

Originally Posted by Da_Junka
            It looks at the moment that people with Nforce3 motherboards are the ones running X3 with their drives still enabled and only using DT4. Could just be coincidence though.
            Not coincidence. See the nForce 3/4 note at the bottom.
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I got X3 reunion working great using DT4 and this method: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/show...ht=right+click

This requires a SATA HD to work properly. I setup DT4 with all copy protections and then disabled all PATA devices via Device Manager. Then I loaded the image into DT4, installed, and played with absolutely no issues.

Comment

Ok,

I really need some help to get my image of X3 - The Reunion working.

I have the following
                - Running an system with Win XP Pro SP1a OS
                - Using a nForce4 SLI mobo with nForce IDE drivers installed.

Now, my question is:
                Is it possible to install X3 successfully without upgrading to Win XP SP2, and without plugging out my optical drives?

Please, I would appreciate some instructions, a link, anything!

Many thanks!

Comment

You can't avoid unplugging drives if you want to play a Starforce game at the moment. The only other way is with an RAID Controller. Try it with XP SP1 i don't if it's working but i think it should work.
                  Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
                    You can't avoid unplugging drives if you want to play a Starforce game at the moment. The only other way is with an RAID Controller.
                    Don't forget the nForce3/4 chipset way.

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
                      Don't forget the nForce3/4 chipset way.
                      Yes! I forgot this. Thanks.
                      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

If you have SATA drives you just need to disable your pata ide controller in control panel and you are set for x3

Comment

For me on DFI Nforce 3 i still have to disable the drives in
                          the device manager since i have NOT installed the crappy
                          Nforce IDE Driver which tends to cause havoc on my FAT
                          every now and then.
                          Guys vote for the threads you read to give
                          the rating system a place to live ^^

Comment

Anyone else experiencing reboots during the game copy protection check right when you start the game? It happens to me randomly and I cannot figure out what is causing it. I did read other peoples issues with reboots with SF checks though.

Comment

Originally Posted by evolart@hotmail.com
                              Anyone else experiencing reboots during the game copy protection check right when you start the game? It happens to me randomly and I cannot figure out what is causing it. I did read other peoples issues with reboots with SF checks though.
                              We're working on this problem, it should (as always, no promises) be fixed in the next version.
                              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I get it every time x3 tries to start.

I'm running nforce4 mobo (gigabyte k8nxp-sli) win xp (sp2) Nvidia ide drivers. Dt4

I'm pretty sure the image is ok, and i've tried with my drives unplugged. Disabling the pata controller has exactly the same effect in that i get the re-boot every time.

This is the only game i have with starforce so i can't vouch for the any other titles.

I haven't had it working once and believe me i've tried

Comment

Working...
                                X