Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: X3: Renunion Problems

I got X3 reunion working great using DT4 and this method: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/show...ht=right+click

This requires a SATA HD to work properly. I setup DT4 with all copy protections and then disabled all PATA devices via Device Manager. Then I loaded the image into DT4, installed, and played with absolutely no issues.

Ok,

I really need some help to get my image of X3 - The Reunion working.

I have the following
    - Running an system with Win XP Pro SP1a OS
    - Using a nForce4 SLI mobo with nForce IDE drivers installed.

Now, my question is:
    Is it possible to install X3 successfully without upgrading to Win XP SP2, and without plugging out my optical drives?

Please, I would appreciate some instructions, a link, anything!

Many thanks!

You can't avoid unplugging drives if you want to play a Starforce game at the moment. The only other way is with an RAID Controller. Try it with XP SP1 i don't if it's working but i think it should work.

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by AnalCobra
    You can't avoid unplugging drives if you want to play a Starforce game at the moment. The only other way is with an RAID Controller.
    Don't forget the nForce3/4 chipset way.

Quote Originally Posted by Methadon
    Don't forget the nForce3/4 chipset way.
    Yes! I forgot this. Thanks.

If you have SATA drives you just need to disable your pata ide controller in control panel and you are set for x3

Experienced User

For me on DFI Nforce 3 i still have to disable the drives in
    the device manager since i have NOT installed the crappy
    Nforce IDE Driver which tends to cause havoc on my FAT
    every now and then.

Anyone else experiencing reboots during the game copy protection check right when you start the game? It happens to me randomly and I cannot figure out what is causing it. I did read other peoples issues with reboots with SF checks though.

Quote Originally Posted by evolart@hotmail.com
    Anyone else experiencing reboots during the game copy protection check right when you start the game? It happens to me randomly and I cannot figure out what is causing it. I did read other peoples issues with reboots with SF checks though.
    We're working on this problem, it should (as always, no promises) be fixed in the next version.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

I get it every time x3 tries to start.

I'm running nforce4 mobo (gigabyte k8nxp-sli) win xp (sp2) Nvidia ide drivers. Dt4

I'm pretty sure the image is ok, and i've tried with my drives unplugged. Disabling the pata controller has exactly the same effect in that i get the re-boot every time.

This is the only game i have with starforce so i can't vouch for the any other titles.

I haven't had it working once and believe me i've tried

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast