X3: Renunion Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X3: Renunion Problems

Man why don't they make things easy nowadays. I been trying to run X3 using SFcure and SFNightmare or whatever but its just a waste of unstable space. Anyone got any ideas on how to make X3 run without any cd or just plain run period.

Dude,u wont belive this ... I unpluged the power cables from ide optical drives (Come on,its not that hard u'll see ...), then installed X3 with daemon tools (all emulation options on for me...).And THEN WATCH THIS!!!--->> I started the game,and StarFu** started the search/verification.It passed and NEVER IN ONE INSTANCE did i enter a serial number LOL So practicaly,it worked without even serial number I hope this is normal,if not its just cool I never even used the damn SFcure or SF blocker ... try it my way,maybe u'll get lucky too.

Comment

I just made my image using Alcohol 120% with 10x dpm,

installed by mounting image to dt4, ran once to install sf drivers, rebooted,

when back in windows, ran 1.0-1.2.01 update patch, ran game

play, easy and works
      No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Re: starforce, not having to enter your CD key

Neat, never heard about not having to enter your CD key before.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

X3: Reunion uses SF keyless, so there is no key to enter.
          If you have seen my other posts, both myself and others on FileForums have made X3 work with no unplugging etc, so I would try it without unplugging first.

Cheers

-Leezer-

Comment

Underheaven: LOL,i know ... me neither Especialy for a game protected with SF !

Comment

Originally Posted by MindFever
              Underheaven: LOL,i know ... me neither Especialy for a game protected with SF !
              Originally Posted by Underheaven
              Neat, never heard about not having to enter your CD key before.
              X3 uses keyless, no key comes with the game, cept for the one on the back of my manual, but it is for registering on the forums and getting access to the downloads such as patches.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News...px?NewsId=8789

h**p://www.star-force.com.cn/solutions/papers/StarForce_Keyless.pdf

Originally Posted by cdrinfo
              Previous StarForce versions required an "external" Disk Key to be extracted from the final replicated disk. This Disk Key had to be distributed to the end-user, by having it printed at the last minute on a sticker or on the artwork which ships with the packaged product.

Now, with "StarForce Keyless" the Disk Key is generated before making the final master. Therefore, it is possible to store the Disk Key as digitized data on the replicated disk itself.
              Last edited by Dllfile; 22.11.2005, 18:45.

Comment

sf keyless

Thanks for all that info Dllfile, I hadn't actually read things that detailed about sf keyless before. But I thought X3 required a key to play from the disk at every launch. So I thought that MindFever described a situation of turning a non sf keyless game into a game sf game that launches without asking for a cd key.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

aye np

but nope, no key for X3, according to SF Support, even though the version number is 3.5 of SF, it is one of the "newer" SF Protection on the Keyless series at least. Equiv to like 3.6 or 3.7 (keyed)

Comment

Dllfile:aahh crap...im not so cool now,am i???

Comment

do a search here for x3 if anyone is still trying to play, i started a thread for it too. plus there is a link from dark arbitor in mine, with more solutions on how to get it to work. with starforce, especially x3, people are getting it to work in a bunch of different ways, it depends on your setup. all i have to do is hit 'disable ata' in sfnightmare... with the usual mount with daemon. dont have to unplug anything.

dllfile, were you into x2 at all?

Comment

Originally Posted by sparx
                        do a search here for x3 if anyone is still trying to play
                        You obviously haven't tried searching for X3 (too few characters) and with people spelling "Reunion" "Renunion" they'll never find any threads relating to the game

Comment

dllfile, were you into x2 at all?
                          ya, I still play X2 every so often, not as much since X3 is out.

Comment

ya, i thought you must've, cuz i remember you saying 'you played for 3 hours straight' when you got it to work. and omg, this is one of, if not the most complex game ever created! if anyone gets it to work and you never played x2, i 'highly' recommend going to the X games forums!!! they have alot of player guides there and a large community that is 'really' into x3 and are eager to help!

Comment

cuz i remember you saying 'you played for 3 hours straight' when you got it to work.
                              Must have been a typo, was more like around 30 hours, and was from the origional dvd, then I made the image since I knew I would be playing alot. I make my images on another machine (one I never install any games) so I don't need to worry about StarForce drivers, ect.. Then I just mount over my network and play

As far as X3 - Reunion, I have had to unplug my real DVD drive in order to play from an image.. Tried SFN, but was a no go, unplugged the Power and IDE Cable from my DVD-RW and it fired right up without any hesitation.

Comment

Working...
                              X