Hint how to build new SF3 immune configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question

I have 3 sata hard drive running raid 0, 1 storage drive running pata 2 primary, and 1 samsung optical drive pata 1 primary. If I buy a adapter for pata to sata for the optical drive will with let SF work with out unpluggin any thing?

Comment

Originally Posted by jjsscram
      I have 3 sata hard drive running raid 0, 1 storage drive running pata 2 primary, and 1 samsung optical drive pata 1 primary. If I buy a adapter for pata to sata for the optical drive will with let SF work with out unpluggin any thing?
      No (at least I know that anything SATA is still detected by StarForce).
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

starforce solution

Final words:so what's better using?got nforce 2 mobo(sata & firewire)will it be ok to buy a external usb2 ide case ???I mean if i get an external usb2 to ide hard disk will i defeat this f....starforce????will it be better external usb2 to ide or external usb2 to dvd.but i understand that also the usb2 ide is ok,is'nt it???at the thread end i discover that the sata is the best (for future starforce upgrade).what about firewire?is it like the sata??there are also external hard disk box usb2 and firewire (both together).got an old(5-6 years) maxtor 20gb will it be ok for firewire use with this ext box ?? I'd really appreciate any good advice

Comment

hey guys
          ive done everything that youve written here, ive disabled the ata conectors from the device manager, but the game still wont work.
          after i emulate the image with the daemon tools he is trying to start the game but he is writing me that i have to put my disk to another drive and click retry.
          i dont know what to do, i am helpless...!
          pls help me out

Comment

Rvaxman, which game are you talking about? How did you create the image you're using?
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Its a really good idea, but i think it's not necessary for me to buy a S-ATA Adapter, because all of my SF protectet games are still working without it. I also believe that someday DaemonTools will bring out the IDE Jammer and then SF won't be a problem any more.

greetings catalyst

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                Rvaxman, which game are you talking about? How did you create the image you're using?
                i'm talking about the pop t2t
                and i've created the omage with alcohol120%

any ideas?

Comment

Originally Posted by Rvaxman
                  i'm talking about the pop t2t
                  and i've created the omage with alcohol120%
                  What hardware and what settings did you use in Alcohol? Please be specific, there's a lot of possibility for error while creating the images.

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                    What hardware and what settings did you use in Alcohol? Please be specific, there's a lot of possibility for error while creating the images.
                    my hardware is
                    p4-2400@3G
                    asus p4p800 dlx
                    2xtwinmos 512 ddr400

the cd drive is LG GSA-4163B DVDRW

and ive used the DPM measuring precision set to high and 1X

is there any thing else you need?

Comment

Rvaxman, did you have any StarForce protected games installed when you created that image? The StarForce drivers interfere with Alcohol's DPM process so the resulting image won't work.

If that was the case, you'll need to create another image with Alcohol, but before please uninstall the StarForce drivers. If you start any StarForce protected game afterwards, the drivers will automatically be installed again.

Comment

Working...
                      X