Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hint how to build new SF3 immune configuration

Hi to all,

This is how I beat SF3 (all versions) without disconnecting IDE cables.
    Most important of all is when buying new configuration not to buy Parallel ATA hard drives. Buy SATA! They are faster then PATA drives and almost the same price.
    In that case on your PATA controller you'll have only optical IDE drives.
    Now, all what you have to do after mounting image with DT4 is to go to Windows device manager, find parallel ATA controller and disble it. After playing game if you need optical drives, go again to device manager and enable PATA controller.
    I think it's worth spent few bucks more to buy SATA hard drives and f**k off SF3 with just a few clicks than opening computer case and constant unplugging-plugging of IDE cables and risking to crack something.

So, the trick is not to disable optical drives only, but the whole controller.

Originally Posted by dario77
    Hi to all,

This is how I beat SF3 (all versions) without disconnecting IDE cables.
    Most important of all is when buying new configuration not to buy Parallel ATA hard drives. Buy SATA! They are faster then PATA drives and almost the same price.
    In that case on your PATA controller you'll have only optical IDE drives.
    Now, all what you have to do after mounting image with DT4 is to go to Windows device manager, find parallel ATA controller and disble it. After playing game if you need optical drives, go again to device manager and enable PATA controller.
    I think it's worth spent few bucks more to buy SATA hard drives and f**k off SF3 with just a few clicks than opening computer case and constant unplugging-plugging of IDE cables and risking to crack something.

So, the trick is not to disable optical drives only, but the whole controller.

nice...if it worked

it does work to get dt4 to run civ4 etc WITHIOUT running sd4hider or similar problem..you do need a reboot for it

it also might work with starforce 3.6.10.03 ..since that can be workable with sfcure and nightmare as well with software only solution

it will not work however with starforce 3.6.10.06 (ie kingkong)

(tested all there as well just to be sure)

Comment

Originally Posted by crackedtooth
      nice...if it worked

it does work to get dt4 to run civ4 etc WITHIOUT running sd4hider or similar problem..you do need a reboot for it

it also might work with starforce 3.6.10.03 ..since that can be workable with sfcure and nightmare as well with software only solution

I think it's even more conveniant that you use external USB2 or Fireware case for any optical devices. And you are only a push away from disabling/enabling the device.

Comment

Originally Posted by crackedtooth
        nice...if it worked

I didn't tried this with SF3.6.10.06 since I don't have any game protected with that SF3 version.

What I tried is, for example, UFO: Aftershock which is SF3.6.10.03 protected and it works fine without disconnecting cables. Also all titles protected with that and older SF3 versions work fine.
        As soon as I get some SF3.6.10.06 or newer protected title I'll test it and post result here.

Comment

i tried King Kong DVD version its Work
          disable PATA controler like you
          in pata i have 2 ide HDD and 1 LG GSA 4163B
          i have 120g SATA too (system HDD)
          works perfect
          i tried to SCCT, works
          you are the one.

Comment

Sorry, but I dont get this?!

I'm sitting with 2 CD/DVD-drives on two differnet IDE-cables connected to the motherboard.
            My harddrive is connected via SATA.

How do I do to be able to run SF3-protected games?

Comment

Originally Posted by Vampirtc
              I think it's even more conveniant that you use external USB2 or Fireware case for any optical devices. And you are only a push away from disabling/enabling the device.
              Yes, that can also be done.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rag
                Sorry, but I dont get this?!

I'm sitting with 2 CD/DVD-drives on two differnet IDE-cables connected to the motherboard.
                My harddrive is connected via SATA.

How do I do to be able to run SF3-protected games?

Did you disabled Parallel ATA controler??? It's controller on which your CD/DVD driver are connected.

If you don't know how, click RMB (right mouse button) on My Computer and then choose following: Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers

Now, you'll see a list of all controllers on your PC. Carefully choose controllers which you want to disable and click RMB on it and select disable. Main point is to disable all parallel ATA controllers where are your optical drives and to be sure that you didn't disable SATA controllers.
                If you're lucky and have nForce chipset and you installed nForce IDE drivers, you'll only have to click RMB on PATA controller and disable it.
                Once controller(s) is(are) disabled, you should be able to play SF3, SR7 and SD4 protected games. Don't forget to mount image with DT4!!!
                Also, don't close window where you disabled controller(s) so you can skip steps to get that window back after playing game if you want to enable controller(s).

Comment

This is what I see when i right-click on the IDE ATA/ATAPI in the device manager:

*Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers
                  *Primary IDE-channel
                  *Secondary IDE-channel

Is it the two at the top that I should disable (uninstall)?
                  Last edited by Rag; 24.11.2005, 17:26.

Comment

Hi.....i just bought a Serial ATA to Parallel adapter of ebay it was ten quid.....I connected it to my Cd/DVD Roms, now i dont have to disconnect anything to run games off images mounted in DTools. Iv heard that using USB- or - IDE controller cards for your IDE Roms works this way too....Nice 1
                    ReBeLlIoN

Comment

Originally Posted by rebellion
                      Hi.....i just bought a Serial ATA to Parallel adapter of ebay it was ten quid.....I connected it to my Cd/DVD Roms, now i dont have to disconnect anything to run games off images mounted in DTools. Iv heard that using USB- or - IDE controller cards for your IDE Roms works this way too....Nice 1
                      what brand/model exactly?
                      and PCI extension?
                      or converter cable?

Comment

Originally Posted by Rag
                        This is what I see when i ringht click on the IDE ATA/ATAPI in the device manager:

*Primary IDE-channel
                        *Secondary IDE-channel

Is it the two at the top that I should disable (uninstall)?
                        Since I have nVidia chipset, I'm not sure. But you can experiment.
                        Do not uninstall! Just disable.
                        First, try do disable Primary and Secondary IDE-channel.
                        If that doesn't work, find out which controller controlls each CD/DVD device and disable it. Maybe your optical drives are on one controller. Then you should be disable only that controller. Only be sure that your system hard drive isn't connected to controller you're about to disable! Try to google for this problem, or maybe someone here might answer to this, because I don't have much experience with Intel chipset and IDE drivers for it.

Comment

*Primary IDE-channel
                          *Secondary IDE-channel

Its only hte underlined which I can deactivate (the other two can only be uninstalled).

How can I tell which of these two is for my HDD and which for my two CD/DVD-drives??

Thanks dario77!

Comment

*Primary IDE-channel
                            *Secondary IDE-channel

Its only hte underlined which I can deactivate (the other two can only be uninstalled).

How can I tell which of these two is for my HDD and which for my two CD/DVD-drives??

Thanks dario77!
                            I got the same problem here.

*Primary IDE-channel
                            *Secondary IDE-channel

i can only disable teh Secondary IDE-CHannel. I tried everything with StarForce Nightmare and shit.. but cant get the Starforce 3.6.10.06 to work here. It keep on requisting for the cd.

someone has a hint or tip !?

Comment

Originally Posted by dijk
                              I got the same problem here.

*Primary IDE-channel
                              *Secondary IDE-channel

i can only disable teh Secondary IDE-CHannel. I tried everything with StarForce Nightmare and shit.. but cant get the Starforce 3.6.10.06 to work here. It keep on requisting for the cd.

someone has a hint or tip !?
                              For the newer version of starforce you need to unplug your optical IDE drives physically.

Comment

Working...
                              X