I need help in playing Splinter Cell Chaos Theory with DT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help in playing Splinter Cell Chaos Theory with DT4

Ok, here's my situation. I have 4 optical drives, 2 connected to an IDE controller and the other 2 connected to the mainboard controller. I have also made an image with RMPS of my SCCT DVD, of course. I use StarForce Nightmare for disabling the 2 drives connected to the mainboard controller, for the other 2 I have to physically unplug them (I have done it). The problem is, when I get ALL the drives disabled - and the Alcohol/Daemon Tools V4 virtual drive is the only one remaining - and try to play the game, it tells me to insert the disk in another drive. What drive??, I ask myself, since Windows must see that there are no drives connected except for the virtual one.

So there are 2 possible solutions: 1) SF sees the drives disabled with SFN, or 2) SF sees the virtual drive and blacklists it.

In case 1, I have tried to physically unplug ALL optical drives, but Windows refuses to run because, without the drives, there are my 2 hard disks, which are Primary Master and Secondary Slave (I think the problem is that there must not be a slave device without a master one, am I right?).

In case 2, I have installed sfcure and Win2k3 node disabler, but StarForce still asks me to insert the DVD in another drive. But Win2k3 N.D. requires the user to specify the service name to disable - and the standard for Daemon Tools is d347bus. But I am using daemon tools V4, so I think Win2k3 node disabler is not disabling the right services!

In conclusion: what's the service/device name for DT4 ? How can I get the game to work ?

DT4 is not blacklisted yet.
    Right now, "Please insert DVD into another drive and try again" is SF talk for, we see an IDE drive on your system, can't play from a SCSI.
    For me SC:CT works w/ SFN, but i haven't updated it, I think at one point you have to unplug drives.
    Either way, SF is definately seeing at least one IDE drive on your system.
    Last edited by stile; 23.11.2005, 13:27.

Comment

I can play when I unplug my optical drives. I have only 1 hard drive (in primary master) and I have not set virtual drives in alcohol (but I installed it) and on my motherboard, I don't have any futuristic IDE controller.
      Finally I had to download a mds from copybase.ch and rename it.
      Last edited by LuCaS^`; 23.11.2005, 14:13.

Comment

U Can Play

Hi, U Can play SC - CT in ur machine. New tools have been released and they are 100% working. I'm not giving any wesite address because I do not know whether it is allowed to instruct someone to play using cracks and no cd patches. If that is okay I will post the url.

And the other thing, u can have a primary or secondary slave without a primary or secondary master. The system should work properly. If u can gimme ur system config. Peek in to the BIOS and check the bootdevice priority + settings.

Comment

I have heard that the serial must match with the image.
          Is that true, I don't have the serial of my image, what can I do.

Comment

There are many different Versions of Starforce, there are some without cdkey but physical key and there some like SCCT with cdkey and physical key. So the cdkey and the physical have to match then the game starts. I don't know it correctly but i read it something of this.
            Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

@Zanfer: as you ask, no, it is not allowed here to discuss
              about cracks nor the url of sites who offer download of such
              "tools". So it was good decision to first ask if it's allowed.

@rest:
              we don't want to see here requests for emails, PM's and
              so on. This is NOT the right place to trade cracks, warez or
              requests for help with such stuff, other boards offer such help.
              All you need to run a legal copy is brain 2.0, the rest can be
              found at DT homepage

Comment

Originally Posted by YaHster
                Ok, here's my situation. I have 4 optical drives, 2 connected to an IDE controller and the other 2 connected to the mainboard controller. I have also made an image with RMPS of my SCCT DVD, of course. I use StarForce Nightmare for disabling the 2 drives connected to the mainboard controller, for the other 2 I have to physically unplug them (I have done it). The problem is, when I get ALL the drives disabled - and the Alcohol/Daemon Tools V4 virtual drive is the only one remaining - and try to play the game, it tells me to insert the disk in another drive. What drive??, I ask myself, since Windows must see that there are no drives connected except for the virtual one.

So there are 2 possible solutions: 1) SF sees the drives disabled with SFN, or 2) SF sees the virtual drive and blacklists it.

In case 1, I have tried to physically unplug ALL optical drives, but Windows refuses to run because, without the drives, there are my 2 hard disks, which are Primary Master and Secondary Slave (I think the problem is that there must not be a slave device without a master one, am I right?).

In case 2, I have installed sfcure and Win2k3 node disabler, but StarForce still asks me to insert the DVD in another drive. But Win2k3 N.D. requires the user to specify the service name to disable - and the standard for Daemon Tools is d347bus. But I am using daemon tools V4, so I think Win2k3 node disabler is not disabling the right services!

In conclusion: what's the service/device name for DT4 ? How can I get the game to work ?
                to reply to you case I, unplugging drives is the way to make it work

..the problem might be the boot sequence if the dvdrpom was in bootsequence earlier, when i unplugged my dvdrom, and rebooted it said no boot device ...plz retry

i needed to change the boot sequence in the bios settings to start boot sequence from the harddisk instead of something else..

worked no problem

Comment

@ YaHster: the StarForce driver prevents Alcohol 120% from creating good DPM info. Please try uninstalling StarForce with this official removal tool and create a new image.
                  "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
                  X