X64 Status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ManMountain
    As "final build is made as I post here", can you tantalise us a little bit more and tell us broadly what the x64 release includes bugfix-wise over it's 32-bit counterpart?

i think locutus will not answer your question as it's a risk of getting dt4 blacklisted before it's even released. so lets just wait for dt4 to come out and enjoy. let the developers do their work. your question is like asking coca cola to tell you their secret ingredients . sorry if i mean to put you down, by no means, as i think that's how the dt team would feel too. peace.

Comment

You quite right in a sense, I merely wondered if this pending release for example includes the RAID Nvidia reboot problem fix to name but a few. A broad description with no in-depth details wouldn't risk a blacklist.

Either way, if someone adds some answers or not, fantastic news for x64 users
      Last edited by ManMountain; 23.11.2005, 02:16.

Comment

Is the IDE-JAMMER incusive the NEW DT4 x64 ? and when is the pro ready ?

mfg
        Crash Override

Comment

Locust, thats great news on the x64 front, I've personally been checking this site like 20x daily hoping to see an x64 version, well into 2 months before DT v4 was released. I expect you guys shall see a huge turnout of x64 users who appreciate you guys being the first on the block with x64 mounting tools. Sorry for wasting your bandwidth hitting refresh in hopes of news, I know alot of us have probably been doing the same.

Comment

it will be a wonderful thanksgiving gift and we'll all be thankful to the dt team .

Comment

Originally Posted by pearlsea
              BTW is there a older version thats compatible with x64?
              If there were, do you honestly think there would be such a massive clamour of people begging for the x64 release of DT4?

And by that I mean "No, there isn't".

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
                final build is made as I post here. That means we will see the
                release this week. Yes, there was a delay; it was because we
                underestimated the forum-work and the many questions we
                had to answer. Without the many questions, we could maybe
                release it today - we have not 500 employees here
                So only few days to go. As far as I can see, no bugs so far.

I expect the release soon, and we will see
                if we underestimated the amount of x64-users - or if some
                users can't use the search-function properly.
                Is not faire to say we was the problem ....and because we post some post on the Forum ...your team don't realease the v4 for x64... you can stop the forum and you can release yesterday....

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
                  final build is made as I post here. That means we will see the
                  release this week. Yes, there was a delay; it was because we
                  underestimated the forum-work and the many questions we
                  had to answer. Without the many questions, we could maybe
                  release it today - we have not 500 employees here
                  So only few days to go. As far as I can see, no bugs so far.

I expect the release soon, and we will see
                  if we underestimated the amount of x64-users - or if some
                  users can't use the search-function properly.
                  It was a great news.

Comment

Originally Posted by DarkGhost
                    Is not faire to say we was the problem ....and because we post some post on the Forum ...your team don't realease the v4 for x64... you can stop the forum and you can release yesterday....
                    i totally agree with you on this in that saying the forum caused a delay in releasing dt4 64bit is ludicrous. this is the first i see an excuse saying a forum caused a problem with releasing a program. please give us a better excuse or explanation next time. i'm happy nonetheless, but if by the end of today and no hint of dt4 64 on the radar then i'll be really really disappointed.

Comment

Who are you guys to challenge his reasons, I think you're forgetting DT is a free program that you use regularly and should show LocustofBorg a little bit of respect. If he says forums caused a problem, which if you don't remember there was a problem with the forums (see anouncements).

Honestly, I'm just hoping for a release before Thanksgiving.

Comment

Sarcasm?

Originally Posted by dng
                        i totally agree with you on this in that saying the forum caused a delay in releasing dt4 64bit is ludicrous. this is the first i see an excuse saying a forum caused a problem with releasing a program. please give us a better excuse or explanation next time. i'm happy nonetheless, but if by the end of today and no hint of dt4 64 on the radar then i'll be really really disappointed.

I don't think that he was being serious. Look up sarcasm in your dictionary and I think you may find yourself understanding what he said a little better.

Comment

Doesnt look like sarcasm to me and I agree with valium and would like to direct some of you to my post the other day in off-topic.

Comment

Originally Posted by valium
                            Who are you guys to challenge his reasons, I think you're forgetting DT is a free program that you use regularly and should show LocustofBorg a little bit of respect. If he says forums caused a problem, which if you don't remember there was a problem with the forums (see anouncements).

Honestly, I'm just hoping for a release before Thanksgiving.

there is a difference between free and registered my friend. for those of us who registered and donated money, we feel a bit cheated by these delays. if i'm going to use dt4 64bit for free, i could careless when it will be out. your tone would be different too if you pay the dt team. thanks.

Comment

All need to understand ( Users and Adminstrators )...to be perfect...
                              The Day for release to be say before and don't come whit same excuse...like...sombody in the forum post so many posts and we don't have time to finish the product....
                              In the moment when you have to finish something...don't stay on the forum...we ( the Users ) can stay and wait...the answer ...but we don't like to delay your product ...

All of the Users...are very satisfieds what you are doing...
                              D-Tools Team The Best !

Comment

Originally Posted by Starfury
                                Doesnt look like sarcasm to me and I agree with valium and would like to direct some of you to my post the other day in off-topic.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t7239-appauled.html
                                Just because it doesn't look like sarcasm doesn't mean it is. Do you think he would be that way towards his user base? That would be quite stupid of him. He was trying to make a point that people just keep posting and they are having to waste their time answering the same question over and over. He wasn't actually implying that it caused them to hold it off.

Comment

Working...
                                X