Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: Virtual SCSI driver not detected...

So I've booted into safe mode, renamed sptd.sys and come back in to uninstall daemon tools 4.03. Unforutately now I can't uninstall because it's not showing up in 'add/remove programs' and choosing Uninstall from the programs menu states...

"Setup is unable to validate installation".

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ganjabob
    I was having the same problem where with 4.03 the installer couldn't find the appropriate SCSI device and came back with device manager saying my device (daemon SCSI driver) wasn't installed properly.

I tried following Kubrick's directions but upon the reboot after updating 3.47 to 4.03 Daemon Tools errors out with "Unable to add adapter. Device problem 32."

I haven't been able to find anything with that problem code in the forums. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I should mention that 3.47 works without a hitch if I roll back to that version.

I'm on XPpro SP2 with no burning software or third party SCSI drivers installed.

Ausrufezeichen

Hello, a new one for the problem...
    I have a recent mobo with 2 Raid controllers include (SIl and NVRaid) with XP x64

I'vgot the message on start: Virtual SCSI blabla...
    I look into the raid and scsi devices and found that the one DTSCSI from Deamon. Wich told that he is in conflict with something else...with the code 42.

Of course he is!!! he has been given the IRQ 0 !!! wich is the IRQ for Internal clock...

Iv'e got another computer with DT (W2K3 R2 32bits). I take a look on it and i found he has given for the device the IRQ 9...

So questions are:
    - Why he has been given automaticaly this damn IRQ, there's a lot of empty IRQ !!!!
    - How to change manually the IRQ, i can change the channel but noway for the IRQ... and please don't tell me to fix this in the bios... the bios can't see a virtual device...(load with the OS... not before )

Master

What version of DTools are you installing?

I use the last one, 4.03 x64 with SPTD1.25 driver...

same here .. running WInXP x64.

scsi device in conflict on IRQ 0

oh super geek! .. help!!

I fixed it ..

did the "STPD add" deal and then rebooted ..

all is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by krysx24 View Post
    I fixed it ..
    did the "STPD add" deal and then rebooted ..
    all is fine.
    what do you mean the STPD add deal? I just started experiencing this issue, I've already tried uninstalling and deleting the driver file, nothing helped. can anybody help?

Lächeln no virtual scsi drive found

I had (!) the same problem:

* had to reinstall daemon tools for some reason, and then got this shit about 'no virtual scsi drive found'. fixed it though, no reason to reinstall XP. This is what i did:

1. Go to admin tools --> computer management --> services and applications --> services:
    2. Restart the 'Virtual Disk Service' manually, or better make it 'automatic'. For some reason this is stopped after a reinstall.
    3. Put your XP installation disk in drive D:
    4. Go to admin tools --> computer management --> device manager --> scsi and raid controllers ---> properties (should still be faulthy).
    5. reinstall driver from XP installation disk in drive D:

work fine for me: I run windows XP 64, with dual AMD opteron.

Master

If that works, that will definitely help others with the same problem. Good job and nice detail in the instructions..

okay, what do I do if I can't find anything called: 'Virtual Disk Service' should I try doing the 3-5 steps by themselves?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast