Virtual SCSI driver not detected...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual SCSI driver not detected...

Reinstalled Daemontools after one of those new errors, now I get this message when I try to start it:

"Virtual SCSI driver not detected"

After I first installed Daemontools 4.0 I removed all my "real" cd-roms from the computer, don't know if that has anything to do with this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

hi, i have the same problem, i have this problem since i unninstal "manual" because i had much problems.

bye.

Comment

Originally Posted by truepower
      hi, i have the same problem, i have this problem since i unninstal "manual" because i had much problems.

bye.
      I Got Exact the same Prob
      Can u Guyz Help us out

cyA

Comment

AshesFall, truepower, and Drakeboy:
        If you uninstall, reboot, and reinstall and try to launch DAEMON Tools before the reboot on the reinstall do you receive any error messages at any point in the process?

Also some more information about your computers would be helpful. What OS and Service Pack? And are you running as Administrator?
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

i have that same error.My windows installed some thing auto and i installed nero too.What am i gonna do?????

Comment

i have that same error.It hadn't got any problem before installed Nero.When i installed and restarted my pc gave that error

Comment

i had the same prob and installed win new
              its kinda shit solution but it works for sure!
              My sysProfile!

Comment

HAve the same problem, had it since DT4 was released, so I've just been using 3.47 instead.

Running Win2k sp4. Amd XP2800. Ati 9800. Msi KT400a MB/w bluetooth. (just putting info out there, if it its useful)

Have nero 6 (old ed.) installed. also steam. Have a raid driver installed thats called "Win2000 Promise Fastrak 376 Controller"

What i get under scsi &RAID controllers is "Unknown Device" when DT4 is installed. Get the errors everytime I startup my pc, otherwise I dont get anything when i try to start DT4. Nothing happenes.

Tried what you said about starting DT4 before I should restart in the install, nothing happened. No errors or nothing

sorry if Im being stupid, or missing something...hehe

Comment

Problem solved

i had the same problem....but i solved (explained below).

1. uninstall any previous intallation of DT.
                  2. reinstall an older version of DT ( i had 3.47 )
                  3. install DT 4 ( select to upgrade )
                  4. reboot ( DT reboot request )
                  5. reboot again ( windows reboot request for new hardware )

Comment

Same problem.
                    Explanation of steps that led to it:

Had DT v4 Loaded on Windows 2000 Pro
                    Upgraded to Windows XP Professional SP2
                    Got some startup error loading DT (sorry didn't log)
                    Tried reinstalling DTv4 and got a system error when trying to install the SPTD Layer (setup crashed there)
                    Manually uninstalled DTv4 along w/ sptd.sys
                    Reinstall worked, but when I tried loading DT I got "Virtual SCSI driver not detected"

Uninstalled again (not manually), installed 3.47 and upgraded to 4 and it works fine now (using KubriK's method)

Comment

Originally Posted by newuser17
                      Uninstalled again (not manually), installed 3.47 and upgraded to 4 and it works fine now (using KubriK's method)
                      Nice, my method works
                      Btw.. (I dunno why) DD is givining me the same problem at random after boot. It's insane!

Pls debug&fix it!

Comment

Same problem here

Specs:
                        Windows 2k pro SP4
                        AMD Athlon XP 1600+
                        Removed all CD/DVD drives and tried with them

I've tried the steps KubriK said, but darn they don't work for me.. Tried it out lots of times, even searched Regedit for Daemon to delete every piece left of previous versions, also tried to just install DT4 the normal way and didn't work.

It just won't work, please if anyone know how to fix this problem POST IT!

Thanks in advance..

Comment

Get the same error of driver not dedected.

Originally Posted by KubriK
                          i had the same problem....but i solved (explained below).
                          5. reboot again ( windows reboot request for new hardware )
                          Never even get so far that windows recognises new hardware.

So back to using version 3.47

Comment

did quite a number of installs of DT4 already, in one installation i had this problem, but i just forgot to reboot with that installation. After reboot: no more problems...

Comment

Originally Posted by daemonmulch
                              ....., but i just forgot to reboot with that installation. After reboot: no more problems...
                              If you read carefully problem persists after reboot as well.

Thougt I would get an answer to this prob on this forum, but all I can see is ppl complaining about it but nothing to solve it

Comment

Working...
                              X