No announcement yet.

Virtual SCSI driver not detected...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same problem. I had to uninstall Daemon Tools because the image got stuck and I almost didn't manage to do that. That SPTD... stuff was causing it. I couldn't uninstall and got some message that the exe file wasn't working.
    Now I don't get the scsi driver to appear in the device manager.
    Why?
    Does anybody working on the program know why I get these messages and how to fix the scsi so that it appears? I did install the program so the drivers should work. They are installed in windows/system32/drivers folder.
    I'm on Windows XP Home.
    ericf

Comment

I ahve this problem. It first occurred when I installed daemon 4.03 x 86. Later, when I was enable emulating in alcohol 120% (I have it before installing daemon), and checked also in 3.47. Chcecked the KubriK's method, nothing's happened.
      Interesting thing that when using 4.03 x 86 i have unkown device in scsi category and also in other devices (here with a question mark icon)... and there isn't PnP extension...
      When I am using 3.47 I have scsi driver (named... well, properly, sth I don't remember know - but there is the same problem with driver) and PnP Bios extension, but there isn't this unknown device...
      Of course cdrom devices are properly show in the device manager, but as far as I remember there are some problems with drivers (there isn't any in fact ).
      And the end, I don't see this virtual drives in explorer and disk manager...

Using win xp and some other stuff if you want to know something more about computer (e.g. disk or which sata or motherboard - I don;t know ) just say it.

Comment

Ive got the same problem

MB:Epox 9NDA3
        Chipset:Nvidia nForce 3 Ultra

Had Daemon 3.47 installed upgraded to 4.03 and got no error messages throughout the installation, after first restart New Hardware Found wizzard detected device "CD Drive"(maybe they called it CD Rom) Then after 2nd restart i get the message "Virtual SCSI Driver Not Found".

Also in Device Manager after 2nd restart I have an Unkown Device under SCSI & RAID Controllers.

So far Ive tried any of the solutions Ive found on this forum and had no luck,

I had Nero 7.1.1.2 (i think too many Nero versions lol) and Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3105 (long enough num? rofl) installed but both of their virtual drives were disabled (and had never been enabled) but since then I have uninstalled them to see if it helped (which it didnt)

I did notice that if i install D-tools 4.03 and when it gets to the 2nd restart if I choose no i'll restart later and then try to use D-tools 4.03 it works perfectly (tested with Sims2 OFB which is one of those CD protections that needs Dtools 4 to work) untill I restart my pc and then the message comes up again and daemon wont open lol

I also have RAID capabilities on my motherboard but I have not set it up or installed any drivers for the RAID yet due to not having a Floppy Drive in my PC and it says I need one to set it up,

Could this problem be caused because of the RAID not being set up?

Comment

I was using Cyberlink PowerDVD installed with Daemon Tools v.3.47 on Windows 98, and the "virtual SCSI driver not detected" problem occurred. I tried the following procedure which seems to have worked:
          1. In "add/remove programs", remove Daemon Tools; and
          2. uninstall PowerDVD; then
          3. re-install PowerDVD from the original program disc, and
          4. re-install Daemon Tools.
          I've had no problems since. Try something similar. If it doesn't work, try downloading Daemon Tools again, then repeat the above procedure.

Comment

Unable to add adapter. Device problem 32.

I was having the same problem where with 4.03 the installer couldn't find the appropriate SCSI device and came back with device manager saying my device (daemon SCSI driver) wasn't installed properly.

I tried following Kubrick's directions but upon the reboot after updating 3.47 to 4.03 Daemon Tools errors out with "Unable to add adapter. Device problem 32."

I haven't been able to find anything with that problem code in the forums. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I should mention that 3.47 works without a hitch if I roll back to that version.

I'm on XPpro SP2 with no burning software or third party SCSI drivers installed.

Comment

So I've booted into safe mode, renamed sptd.sys and come back in to uninstall daemon tools 4.03. Unforutately now I can't uninstall because it's not showing up in 'add/remove programs' and choosing Uninstall from the programs menu states...

"Setup is unable to validate installation".

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Originally Posted by ganjabob
              I was having the same problem where with 4.03 the installer couldn't find the appropriate SCSI device and came back with device manager saying my device (daemon SCSI driver) wasn't installed properly.

I tried following Kubrick's directions but upon the reboot after updating 3.47 to 4.03 Daemon Tools errors out with "Unable to add adapter. Device problem 32."

I haven't been able to find anything with that problem code in the forums. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I should mention that 3.47 works without a hitch if I roll back to that version.

I'm on XPpro SP2 with no burning software or third party SCSI drivers installed.

Comment

Hello, a new one for the problem...
                I have a recent mobo with 2 Raid controllers include (SIl and NVRaid) with XP x64

I'vgot the message on start: Virtual SCSI blabla...
                I look into the raid and scsi devices and found that the one DTSCSI from Deamon. Wich told that he is in conflict with something else...with the code 42.

Of course he is!!! he has been given the IRQ 0 !!! wich is the IRQ for Internal clock...

Iv'e got another computer with DT (W2K3 R2 32bits). I take a look on it and i found he has given for the device the IRQ 9...

So questions are:
                - Why he has been given automaticaly this damn IRQ, there's a lot of empty IRQ !!!!
                - How to change manually the IRQ, i can change the channel but noway for the IRQ... and please don't tell me to fix this in the bios... the bios can't see a virtual device...(load with the OS... not before )

Comment

What version of DTools are you installing?

Comment

I use the last one, 4.03 x64 with SPTD1.25 driver...

Comment

same here .. running WInXP x64.

scsi device in conflict on IRQ 0

oh super geek! .. help!!

Comment

I fixed it ..

did the "STPD add" deal and then rebooted ..

all is fine.

Comment

Originally Posted by krysx24 View Post
                          I fixed it ..
                          did the "STPD add" deal and then rebooted ..
                          all is fine.
                          what do you mean the STPD add deal? I just started experiencing this issue, I've already tried uninstalling and deleting the driver file, nothing helped. can anybody help?

Comment

no virtual scsi drive found

I had (!) the same problem:

* had to reinstall daemon tools for some reason, and then got this shit about 'no virtual scsi drive found'. fixed it though, no reason to reinstall XP. This is what i did:

1. Go to admin tools --> computer management --> services and applications --> services:
                            2. Restart the 'Virtual Disk Service' manually, or better make it 'automatic'. For some reason this is stopped after a reinstall.
                            3. Put your XP installation disk in drive D:
                            4. Go to admin tools --> computer management --> device manager --> scsi and raid controllers ---> properties (should still be faulthy).
                            5. reinstall driver from XP installation disk in drive D:

work fine for me: I run windows XP 64, with dual AMD opteron.

Comment

If that works, that will definitely help others with the same problem. Good job and nice detail in the instructions..

Comment

okay, what do I do if I can't find anything called: 'Virtual Disk Service' should I try doing the 3-5 steps by themselves?

Comment

Working...
                                X