No announcement yet.

Starforce 3.6.10.06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a known problem. The combination of nForce 4, SATA, StarForce 3 and Daemon Tools v4 leads to a reboot. We know this and are investigating it.

By the way, please do not double post!
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
      This is a known problem. The combination of nForce 4, SATA, StarForce 3 and Daemon Tools v4 leads to a reboot. We know this and are investigating it.

By the way, please do not double post!
      my machine:
      Mobo Asus a8n-e(nforce 4)
      Amd 64 3000+(sk 939)
      HD Maxtor Sata 160 gb
      DVD-rw + CD-rw on secondary ide channel
      No drives or HD's in primary ide channel

No problems whit starforce games protected(GT-legend,world racing2,the suffering 2,king Kong ,trackmania extreme=sf 3.6.10.06 detected in this game)

Disable ide/atapi controller on motherboard + mount image with Daemon 4 (all emulation off).......No problem,no reboot......is perfect for me!
      But with daemon 4 + disable ide controller(requested for new securom update) matrix path of neo 1.1 not work.....(1.0 only work perfectly but securom is old in 1.0 release=not necessary disable ide channels)

Sorry for my BAD english i'm Italian

Comment

Originally Posted by ß
        i was more interested in pointing out that you CAN have working images using normal dpm with alcohol.
        you should confirm this.
        I can confirm.........Trackmania sunrise and codename panzers phase 2 have to have High DPM settings t obtain a working image using Alcohol 120%....i think thats what i said in my origainal post B........

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away.........
        ReBeLlIoN

Comment

I think the Medium or High setting depends on your hardware and the DPM extraction speed.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

working

sooooo.. after like.. 5 straight hours of trying all those different options on starforce nightmare... here is what worked for me in no particular order. i don't even know which option it was that got it working, but it works now and here is what i did.
            disabled cd rom in bios
            ran the !start.bat
            disabled node
            disabled cd rom
            disabled channel 2 -i think this is what did it <------
            closed starforce nightmare
            program ran.. for once. yay. i hope this helps someone. btw, i am on a laptop.

Comment

Working...
            X