Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starforce 3.6.10.06

Hi everyone...bad news
    I have to inform the forum of two things that i have discovered recently.

Using a my computer with Alcohol 120% I have used High DPM precision settings and made a working backup of the game Trackmania Sunrise Extreme with DTools v4 (ide disconnected)......

The game plays well...............I then turned to make another image of Panzers 2 which uses starforce 3.47.77...normally no problem.......................

To my surprise Alcohol 120% was now locked to DPM Precision 'Normal' settings...these arn't good enough to make working images....'High' DPM Precision settings are required.

To my greater surprise this new configuration seems to be permanent, ive tried everything bar reinstalling windows which would obviously fix the problem as long as I dont reinstall the new starforce drivers on my machine used for backing up.

Has anyone else found a way around this horror?
    ReBeLlIoN

The only way (I know of) to get around that is to have a second OS (dual boot for example) that you won't use to play but to make backup. As long there are no SF, and any other protection running on that system, you will be able to make running backups
    Carpe diem

Comment

Starforce drivers mess up Alcohol's DPM measurement.
      If you remove the Starforce drivers, you can make good images again.

You can find a link to the removal tool in this thread:

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef
        Starforce drivers mess up Alcohol's DPM measurement.
        If you remove the Starforce drivers, you can make good images again.

You can find a link to the removal tool in this thread:
        http://www2.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t33...tallation.html

Thanks Reef but iv tried all that and like i said it seems not reversable......i think with this new version of starforce 3.6+ the gloves have come off!!!

even removing the starforce drivers, re-installing Alcohol still loses the ability of High DPM Precision recording. I like the other guys suggestion of dual boot......1 for recording......1 for games.....
        ReBeLlIoN

Comment

those SF coders really suck, cant be that im not able to use my other programms because of theyr stupid drivers

alcohol should sue them, if they want to protect games sure they can do...but not at the cost of manipulating other tools

Comment

Originally Posted by rebellion
            Hi everyone...bad news
            To my surprise Alcohol 120% was now locked to DPM Precision 'Normal' settings...these arn't good enough to make working images....'High' DPM Precision settings are required.
            i have to disagree with you completely regarding high and normal dpm,

1st of all i'm sure many people here can say they made and used even normal dpm with starforce titles that DO WORK.

i have. i think there must be another issue.
            i have just remade some images using normal and they work just fine, one a cd and another a dvd with sf v3.6xxxx.

read here:
            (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t696...-with-dt4.html)

it is the QUALITY of the dpm. using normal works.
            are you sure you haven't changed the profile settings within alcohol ? are you using a 3rd party tool to "help" you select the best profile in alcohol ?

just check the starforce profile manually and see if it has the option to change it and also in the "read" settings in alcohol there's another option for what the default read with dpm is, which may affect it.

Comment

Originally Posted by ß
              i have to disagree with you completely regarding high and normal dpm,

1st of all i'm sure many people here can say they made and used even normal dpm with starforce titles that DO WORK.

i have. i think there must be another issue.
              i have just remade some images using normal and they work just fine, one a cd and another a dvd with sf v3.6xxxx.

read here:
              (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t696...-with-dt4.html)

it is the QUALITY of the dpm. using normal works.
              are you sure you haven't changed the profile settings within alcohol ? are you using a 3rd party tool to "help" you select the best profile in alcohol ?

just check the starforce profile manually and see if it has the option to change it and also in the "read" settings in alcohol there's another option for what the default read with dpm is, which may affect it.
              Like I said, ive done all you suggested...i am an experienced user so i dont think im overlooking something....My Alcohol settings are "Locked" since starforce 3.6.10.06 was installed...on both machines.....its anew starforce thing im convinced....
              ReBeLlIoN

Comment

Originally Posted by rebellion
                Hi everyone...bad news
                I have to inform the forum of two things that i have discovered recently.

Using a my computer with Alcohol 120% I have used High DPM precision settings and made a working backup of the game Trackmania Sunrise Extreme with DTools v4 (ide disconnected)......

The game plays well...............I then turned to make another image of Panzers 2 which uses starforce 3.47.77...normally no problem.......................

To my greater surprise this new configuration seems to be permanent, ive tried everything bar reinstalling windows which would obviously fix the problem as long as I dont reinstall the new starforce drivers on my machine used for backing up.

Has anyone else found a way around this horror?
                Ok after alot of work I have found that Blindwrite 5.2.23.156 is completely unaffected by Starforce drivers..(at the moment)..and I am getting 100% topology images (DPM) that work with Daemon tools 4 everytime on Automatic settings (NEC 3500 Rom)

For now I have had to abandon Alcohol 120% v 3105 because the settings are locked by starforce....

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away...
                ReBeLlIoN

Comment

Originally Posted by Smoky
                  those SF coders really suck, cant be that im not able to use my other programms because of theyr stupid drivers

alcohol should sue them, if they want to protect games sure they can do...but not at the cost of manipulating other tools
                  I totally agree with you. I can't belive that StarForce developers are so desperate that they started to mess with and disabling other application functionalities. Since Alcohol is commercial SW, I think it's just metter of time when will AlcoholSoft sue Macromedia if it's true that SF3.6.10.06 stops Alcohol to function correctly.

Comment

Originally Posted by dario77
                    ...I think it's just metter of time when will AlcoholSoft sue Macromedia ...
                    Why on earth would Alcohol sue Macromedia????
                    Macromedia is a company that makes multimedia authoring and web development tools, e.g. Dreamweaver, flash, Freehand.

Unless Im mistaken, there is only one well known company called Macromedia, and they have nothing to do with Starforce.

Comment

he is probably thinking of "MacroVision" but even so, they don't develop StarForce either.. They make SafeDisc.

Here is a good read, was posted on these forums some time ago, talking about SF.
                      http://www.tgdaily.com/2005/10/01/th...tes/index.html
                      No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dllfile
                        he is probably thinking of "MacroVision" but even so, they don't develop StarForce either.. They make SafeDisc.

Here is a good read, was posted on these forums some time ago, talking about SF.
                        http://www.tgdaily.com/2005/10/01/th...tes/index.html
                        wow nice article Dllfile....................i shall add it to my list of grievances against starforce

Have fun........
                        ReBeLlIoN

Comment

i was more interested in pointing out that you CAN have working images using normal dpm with alcohol.
                          you should confirm this.

Comment

What you mean REEF and BETA what StarForce driver?
                            The latest Nov.3 of 2005? And very thank you the good infor-
                            mations about drive(s) and the (latest?) Blindwrite. I used
                            only on some SecuROM games BW, becouse of some strange
                            things happen with my LG 4480B combo too etc. after I
                            installed BW5. Cannot read DVD-s/initialize errors (I changed
                            Media and couldn't get the right on) etc. So I better used
                            Alcohol but has protection limits of workness...

Comment

I think i found out why DT4 keeps rebooting when a sf3 image is mounted.

IT DEPENDS ON WHICH DRIVE AN IMAGE IS MOUNTED!!

My Sys:

4xSATA Raid 0 @ NF4 raid driver
                              3xSCSI Raid 0 @ scsi raid driver
                              No optical IDE drives (just usb drives, but were off during test)
                              2x IDE HDD (were ON during test)

Image mounted on SATA raid ---> REBOOT, NO GAME, FAILED

Image mounted on SCSi raid --> WORKING!

And this with JUST using DT4, nothing else

No sfcure, no SFN, no other sick methods, which fail anyway....

Me = Happy now

p.s: testet with X3 and Chrome: Specforce, but iґm absolutely sure it will work with other SF3 games too, since it just runs so flawlessly

Comment

Working...
                              X