No announcement yet.

x64 Deamon Tools? It dont work 4 me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It kept closing on click agree for me too until I disabled my software firewall and rebooted the machine, then it installed fine.

Comment

i restarted my pc seems fine now

Comment

Originally Posted by Razmirz
        Im Highly disaponted 2day 2 find deamon tools does not even install on my pc it starts but i dont even get past the licence agreement im running server 2003 at this point i would be happy with a copy of deamon tools that i install manualy my self without a self install package.
        I dont belive windows 2003 is 64 bit OS. Try the 32 bit version of daemon.

Comment

There is an x64 version of 2003 Server. That's what XP Pro x64 is based off of.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
            There is an x64 version of 2003 Server. That's what XP Pro x64 is based off of.
            ahh, my bad.

Comment

D-TOOLS 64 bit works great for me.
              im running xp pro 64. with via chipset
              no problems.
              works just fine.
              all hail D-TOOLS MAKERS
              thanks for the program.

Comment

Originally Posted by nem0
                ...I have to say that it reboots my pc as well during heavy virtual device access.

I have an Asus a8v deluxe with via k8t800pro chipset and an AMD 4200+ (dual core).

After such a reboot occurs, I get an event in my systemlog saying:
                An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom1 during a paging operation.

This is my virtual device.

So it is not useable at this point.

Ok, an update on this. It seems that it crash only when I mount from a network source. With local images it didn't crash so far.

Another problem is (as described in another thread, see http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?t=7064) that Nero cannot burn anymore. To be able to burm is more important to me than image mounting, so I uninstalled DT4 for the moment.

Hoping for a fix.

Comment

If you have BSOD during image access - please check if you have minidump available in Windows\Minidump folder.

Comment

I dont have "Windows\Minidump"

Comment

D-TOOLS 64 runs great

im am running D-TOOLS 64 and have no problems with
                      D-TOOLS or burning dvds or cds with nero 7.
                      i have athlon 64 3400+ socket 754 gigabyte motherboard with via k8
                      chipset sata main hard drive. a ide hard drive.
                      to samsung roms a dvd rom and dvd burner. 1 gig of ram.
                      i have had no problems with
                      D-TOOLS 64
                      Last edited by oogaspank; 28.11.2005, 08:48.

Comment

Please make sure your PC does not auto-restart in case of BSOD
                        so you can see the bugcheck code. Maybe it can give some clue.
                        Check Startup and Recovery settings in
                        ControlPanel->System->Advanced tab.

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
                          If you have BSOD during image access - please check if you have minidump available in Windows\Minidump folder.
                          Because my swapfile isn't on my system partition, a minidump is not created.

Comment

VeNoM386:
                            I am one of the people getting BSOD on image access. I have checked for minidumps as you have instructed. but have found none. Also I have checked my Startup and Recovery settings to be sure that the system does not restart after an error... for some reason it still reboots automatically though. I also noticed I am given a choice where to store the memory dump. I have given it a valid location, but it still does not output a file. The only errors in the system event viewer I have noticed are errors about my logitech Setpoint software. and one possibly related one which states:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: FDMount.

I dont know if this is related to DT or not... but I see mount and it makes me think maybe this is a required driver that is not running, possibly causing the error.

As far as the Logitech SetPoint errors. I have tried disabling the setpoint software entirely before reading from the image. and this does not stop the BSOD.

Here is what my BSOD says:
                            Windows has been shut down to prevent damage...

Modification of system code or a corrupted data structure was
                            detected.

The blue screen goes by too fast for me to read the stop code. Please let me know if there is anymore information you need. Also let me know if you know why my system still auto-reboots even though the "Automatically Restart" box in Startup and Recovery settings is UNChecked.

Also it fails to write any sort of memory dump to the Minidump or %systemroot%

Edit: My swapfile IS on my system partition. and I still get no minidump

Another Edit: After seeing so many people having problems with Nero not working. I decided to try uninstalling my copy of Nero 7. This did not resolve the BSOD problem.

Thanks
                            Last edited by Vash18; 28.11.2005, 12:06. Reason: Update for Nero uninstall

Comment

Thank you very much - you gave me a lot of info.

>Modification of system code or a corrupted data structure >was detected

This seems to be the cause and we will investigate it.

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
                                Thank you very much - you gave me a lot of info.

>Modification of system code or a corrupted data structure >was detected

This seems to be the cause and we will investigate it.
                                Thank you much. I have enjoyed DT very much for years. And I appreciate everything you guys do.

Comment

Working...
                                X