No announcement yet.

x64 Deamon Tools? It dont work 4 me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I was trying a few things to see if they would help with my blue scren problem.

First of all I managed to catch the stop error code that flashes by on the blue screen itself.

Stop 0x00000104 (then a bunch of numbers after this)

What I had tried was first simply re-installing Daemon tools. No dice, still blue screens.

Then after realizing I had installed Dt 4.01 originally after installing Anti-Blaxx. I decided to try the uninstallation guide referenced in this post:

This did not work either.

The only other piece of information I have noticed is that the filename when downloading Daemon tools 4.01 is "daemon401-AMD64". For some reason this leads me to believe the developers are assuming we are all running AMD processors. Which in my case is not true.

I am using an Intel processor which emulates a 64 bit processor with a dual core architecture. Even though this is not a true 64-bit processor. This still is supported by Windows x64.

here is Intel's information page on my processors:

Please let me know if there is anything I am missing, or if there is any progress or updates on this problem.

Thanks

Comment

AMD64 is the instruction set created by AMD and reverse-engineered by Intel. If your computer runs XP x64, it will run the "AMD64" version of DT4. Keep in mind that they did change the name after release to -x64 instead of -AMD64 to be "Politically Correct". *sigh*

Comment

Jito463:
        Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Comment

Working...
        X