Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starforce Nightmare probelm & formating

Hello all,

I have got a problem with starforce nightmare. I used it a while ago (like half a year ago), to disable my dvd and cdr drive. However it wouldn't enable the drives back permantly even I've pressed the enable buttons. It did't pose as big problem before but now that I wanted to format my computer, it poses a problem.

The thing is I am worried about is that after formating my computer, the drives will still be "disabled". That means that I couldn't use my XP cd to reinstall windows. So I was wondering if anyone know how to re-enable my disk drives permentantly again, either before or after formatting my computer.

Thanks in advance.

Re: ( SFN wreaked havoc on my system )

If you replace your registry and filesystem your drives should go back to normal. My guess is that SFN only makes a few registry changes (and that no files are moved/changed/etc).
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I have the same problem. SFN wont enable the cd/dvd drive. Anyway to fix this ? (aka what to delete)

Comment

Originally Posted by sjinadasa
        I have the same problem. SFN wont enable the cd/dvd drive. Anyway to fix this ? (aka what to delete)
        I had the same problem, I just restored my system to right before I used it.

Comment

I dunno if you still need help, but it worked for me:
          Right click my computer - properties - hardware - device manager - disk drives - right click what needs to be enabled

Comment

Working...
          X