DT 4.0 Refuses to run/uninstall/re-install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 4.0 Refuses to run/uninstall/re-install

Running Windows XP Pro SP2. I was running Daemon Tools 4.0 since it came out until yesterday when after a restart, refused to work. Once in windows it simply gave me the standard windows error message on how "daemon tools encountered a problem and needs to close..."

Trying to run the .exe gave me the same problem along with trying to run the uninstall or the install. I tried disabling and uninstalling the drives in the device manager but they keep re-appearing and with the images I had mounted at the time. I really don't know what to do anymore, so now I turn to the knowledge of the forums. If I forgot anything please let me know, and I thank anyone in advance for their help.

Bump...

I've literally tried everything now I could think of. Does anyone have any advice? Anyone?

Comment

Hafe you tried starting in safe mode and removing that way??
      Acronis Beta Tester

Comment

Yes I have and it still gives me the "encountered problem and needs to close". It doesn't matter if I run the uninstall or install from the downloaded exe or from the start menu. This is driving me mad...I'm completely out of ideas.

Comment

Common Problems and Solutions

Try to remove System32\Drivers\dtscsi.sys file and reboot your system.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Underheaven, I cannot thank you enough. It worked! I am in your debt. Thanks so much for your help, It is most appreciated!

Comment

Working...
            X