No announcement yet.

DT 64 bit and Nero 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here, no problem with Nero 7 and DTv4 64bit!
    But my friend had problems with nero 6, we tryed to fix the problem, but finaly decidet to install system from scratch with nero 7. After that, no problems at all...

Comment

i had tried nero7 a while ago, and it would crash soon after starting to burn a disk, so i went back to nero6
      since installing daemontools x64 and having probs with nero6 i decided to try nero 7 again, and it worked... for a couple of days
      then i started getting the same problem of it crashing while burning discs
      so now i've gone back to nero6 and put two batch files on my desktop to enable either nero6 or dt4x64 by renaming the sys files
      obviosly not an ideal situation, as i have to restart the pc each time i either rename or restore the files, but at least i can reliably burn disks now in nero6

Comment

Originally Posted by Pyr0
        and put two batch files on my desktop to enable either nero6 or dt4x64 by renaming the sys files
        obviosly not an ideal situation, as i have to restart the pc each time
        You can try net start drivername or stop instead of rename.
        This could be avoid a restart.

But i dont tested it.

Hope this will work for you :-)
        Huch, sagte ich neulich, als ich mich erschreckt habe.

Comment

Re: ( hot unloading ) of SPTD

SCSI Pass Through Direct does not support hot unloading or whatever you want to call it.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Ok, i see. Its my failure - otherwise, if that would work, its easy for copyprotections to disable it.

Comment

Just FWIW, I've been using Nero7 for some time now, and have been using DT x64 since release, no issues with either.

Does seem to be very hit-or-miss.

Comment

I thought DT disabled ATA drives to avoid blacklisting. Could that have anything to do with it?

Mine is not working with either Nero 6 or 7. Starting burningROM comes up with an error stating that I don't have enough rights to burn a disc, nevermind the fact that I'm logged in as an admin. The drive doesn't show up as a burner at all in Nero 6, in Nero 7 the drive shows up but it reports no writable media. Windows explorer has no trouble at all finding the drive.

Here is my Hardware if that'll help at all.
                Windows XP x64
                Plextor 716SA on nForce 3 SATA port
                2x 250GB Maxtor on SIL 3114 SATA Raid 0 (windows sees as scsi)
                160GB Western Digital on SIL 3114 SATA port (windows sees as scsi)

Comment

Originally Posted by Timmeh!
                  Removing(renaming in fact) dtscsi.sys won't do.
                  I also have a sptd4269.sys file and renaming that (or sptd.sys) is sufficient for Nero to work.
                  Hello. I have the exact same problem described here (nero 6, DT4, windows x64), but I cannot find this sptd.sys file. I even searched for s*.sys files on my system drive and could not find anything that remotely look like the files mentionned here. Any help appreciated.

Comment

Originally Posted by seldon
                    I cannot find this sptd.sys file.
                    You must have enabled:

Show ALL files

You must have disabled:

Dont show secure Systemfiles

Then, Windows can show you the files.

But you can even try this way:

* open a shell (execute.. cmd)
                    * goto Systemdrive (c:\)
                    * write: dir sp*.sys /a /s

Now you should get an output, you can see that the file is located in c:\windows\system32\drivers\

or simply

%windir%\system32\drivers\

Thats all :-)

Have fun to get down your Windows. ;-) (NOOB)

Comment

Well I'll be damned. I throught I had it enabled already (showing systemfiles) but it's not the case. Thanks!

Comment

ETA for fix?

I know it was said that the fix for this will be in the next release... But when can we expect this next release?

For those of us who only own Nero 6, we're kind of up the creek right now.

Yeah, I'm sure I could go out and buy a different CD burning software like Roxio, but then I could also go out and buy a different CD emulation software like VirtualDrive too.

The fact remains, for me, and I think many people here, that we like to support the great free software initiatives like Daemon tools.

Daemon Tools rocks!!

Comment

Originally Posted by petecis
                          I know it was said that the fix for this will be in the next release... But when can we expect this next release?

For those of us who only own Nero 6, we're kind of up the creek right now.

Yeah, I'm sure I could go out and buy a different CD burning software like Roxio, but then I could also go out and buy a different CD emulation software like VirtualDrive too.

The fact remains, for me, and I think many people here, that we like to support the great free software initiatives like Daemon tools.

Daemon Tools rocks!!
                          New version is around the corner within the next week/end of the week.
                          BTW; I don't see that you buy a DT license - therefore we now await your support

Comment

nero 7 error fix

hi guys, just to say i have nero 7 running alongside DT x64 v4.0.all is well. could be down to the error fix.reg file i installed in nero 7's core file .cant remember were it came from .try google.

Comment

Nero 6 + D-Tools 4.03

As Locutus said this combo works perfectly... at least on my Machine.

Thanks for the new release and Keep up the great work.

Comment

If the Fix dosn't come out...

If the fix dosn't come out I have a program that will disable/enable the DT64 drivers...You still have to restart but it will show you the status of the driver also.

If anyone wants this program email me at:
                                runningwithvicegrips@yahoo.com

More Info:
                                The program is a 64bit app. and requires the .Net Framework 2.0

Basically renames the driver files like others on the forum have sudgested. This just automates the process and has the ability to show you the current status of the driver files (renamed or not).

Once the fix comes this will be uselss hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X