No announcement yet.

DT 64 bit and Nero 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you mean, "if the fix doesn't come out" ?

customers and supporters already have the "fix" in the latest version.
    just wait a little and it will be released to the general public

Comment

Good to hear

I hate having to reboot. I just downloaded this program for the first time 2 weeks ago. Then I found this problem with the drivers...I noticed others with the problem so I thought I'd post.

Comment

hm.. well adware and cant use nero just yet. I appreciate the work you all put into this however those two major issues really just are not acceptable to me. I thank you for your efforts. However, I will be going back to the open source File Disk program. Honestly the adware was enough to send me back. I have absolutely no need for yet another burning program.

Comment

Vyce, fyi: the adware is optional.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I heared its been fixed in version 4.0.3, when is that version going for public and not only for customers?
            CureROM Support Team

Comment

...that account was mine.. the vyce one. Im sorry for the stupid comments made here ..I was hacked and they got my accounts ...and other things. sorry for the trouble...this is just one site..and thank god this is monitored.. others were uhhh..worse.

Comment

didn't find sctd.sys

i uninstalled DT, renamed "dtscsi.sys" but just couldn't find "sctd.sys" ... and the problem still not sloved, maybe there's another name for "sctd.sys" or something, cause i don't get it, i thought it may have been removed by the uninstall, but i reinstalled DT and still didn't find sctd.sys (ya, i can see alll files and hidden system, etc.)

btw, should i remove BurnRights or leave it?

Comment

Originally Posted by igal_alkon
                  [..]just couldn't find "sctd.sys"[..]
                  I even dont have this file. But i have sptd.sys so try to look out for this file ;-P
                  Huch, sagte ich neulich, als ich mich erschreckt habe.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nexy
                    ...that account was mine.. the vyce one. Im sorry for the stupid comments made here ..I was hacked and they got my accounts ...and other things. sorry for the trouble...this is just one site..and thank god this is monitored.. others were uhhh..worse.
                    I assume you're referring to Planetamd64.com?

Always a good idea to have a firewall on your machine. Well, live and learn unfortunately.

Comment

Nero 6

I am having a problem with both versions of Daemon Tools.
                      XP Pro on laptop - DT 4.03HE
                      XP Pro x64 Desktop - DT 4.03
                      Nero 6 on both. Nero errors on writing the Lead outs of CD-R on laptop, and won't burn on Desktop. I guess I'll check out A120%
                      but wanted to let you know that the issue doesn't appear to be solved yet. Let me know if you need any debugs or what not. I would love to contribute.

Desktop is NForce3 with NEC DVD+/- R DL. I also have VS.Net05
                      installed.

E

Comment

You can try to burn on the Nero-Image-Recorder. Is the problem still there?

If not, try to burn at a slow rate..

Hope this will help you :-)

Comment

ejamespc, see if the problem goes away if you rename \system32\drivers\sptd.sys and then reboot.
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I'm running X64 Windows and Nero 6.6.0.15. When I first installed DT4 I couldn't see my drive in Nero any longer. After that I uninstalled DT and Nero, didn't help. I tried system restore, didn't help. Tried Nero 7.0.0.0. Nero 7 could see my drive, but It always failed when burning DVDs when it was writing the lead in. Same broblem with 7.0.1.4 and 7.0.5.4.

I've tried deleting the spdt.sys and spdt3811.sys files. Tried Nero cleaning tool and registry cleaner. Deleted the DT files manually from system32/drivers. Tried going back to Nero 6.6.015. Tried using newest DT 4.03 in combination with both Nero 6 and 7. Nothing helps.

I've been without a burner for a few months now so it would be great to get some help with this problem.

My burner is a LG 4166B using 1.00 firmware.

Comment

Hi :-)

Are you sure, your device is ready - without hardewarefailure?

Sometimes this can be happen, the device is going broken. So i suggest you to try out another burnig-tool like the freeware-tool:

Please let me (us) know, if the problem is still there with another programm.

Comment

Well, my drive was working perfectly before I installed DT4, so I doubt it is a hardware failure. Funny thing is I can still burn CDs, but DVDs always fail at lead in. Tried newest Roxio also, same problem. Will try cdburnerxp next.

Are there any files/drivers that my drive is dependent on that might have been deleted in the installation/reinstallation process?

Comment

Working...
                                X