DT 64 bit and Nero 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 64 bit and Nero 6

We confirm the problem with 64 bit version of DT and Nero 6 (drives not recognized by Nero). The problem will be fixed in next version.

Update by Underheaven: This problem is fixed in DAEMON Tools 4.03 which is available in the downloads section

That's good news, thank you.
    I'll just use the other computer for burning meanwhile.
    Do you already know what the problem is? (just curious)

---edit---

I've renamed the .sys files and after a reboot I can burn again.
    I've changed the names back, because I need DT more then my burner, but it's good to see it's easy to solve if I really need to burn something.
    Last edited by Timmeh!; 28.11.2005, 17:00.

Comment

i have also nero 6 but, the problem i had was that nero said i didnt have the burning rights to burn cds/dvds.. so i had to download nero burning rights, but i still coudnt make it to work.

so i removed DT and sctd.sys file and the other scsi file and re-booted and all went back to normal and i could burn again

win x64
      nero 6.6.0.1.8
      plextor dvdr px-716sa
      asus a8n-sli premium

Comment

Ahh Many Thanks Guys!

I would just like to say, how much I appreciate the hard work you guys put into this product!

Its a great bit of kit, credit where credit is due

Comment

quick question / clarification

Do you have to remove only dtscsi.sys or do you also have to get rid of sptd.sys?
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
            Do you have to remove only dtscsi.sys or do you also have to get rid of sptd.sys?
            Removing(renaming in fact) dtscsi.sys won't do.
            I also have a sptd4269.sys file and renaming that (or sptd.sys) is sufficient for Nero to work.

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the info.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

you could try using nero7 i have no problems with that and x64 daemon

Comment

Nero 7 is giving me problems as well. It sees the drives, but burns fail midway through, or do not verify. I removed DT4 and the spdt.sys driver and all is well. Re-Install and the problem comes back. I tested this on my laptop as well (also running x64), which has a very clean install on it. Also, in Nero 7, the tools do not see the drives when DT4 is installed, although maybe this is because they access the drives like Nero 6 did.

Anyway, Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into DT.

Comment

First off I love having DT for X64. The nero thing is minor, but I would like to get it fixed. So my question What are the equvalents of nero for x64 that do get along with DT. I see some people are using Nero 7 with mixed results.

thanks again

Comment

fyi...I had to remove x64DT, remove nero burn rights and do a system restore, which failed but fixed the nero recogniziing my DVD writer drive problem.

Comment

Nero 7 is working great here on my xp64 and x64dt !
                        i like it more than the nero 6

Comment

Perfect for me too.

Nero 7 and DT x64.

No problems

Comment

great, now i find out.

Mine i sstuffed.

I hope this "next version" isnt months downt he track.

Kinda unhappy with this one

Comment

Originally Posted by facter
                              great, now i find out.
                              Mine i sstuffed.
                              I hope this "next version" isnt months downt he track.
                              Kinda unhappy with this one
                              I un-installed nero 6 and installed Nero 7... everything is working great.(Nero6 was the only app that would see the drive)

However it would be a good idea to remove that .sys file when you run the Daemon un-install program

Comment

Working...
                              X