Clear All

any eta on the next version??

Comment

Originally Posted by QuazzieM
      any eta on the next version??
      NO. It'll be released WHEN IT'S DONE.
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Sorry.. didint mean to be pushy was just wondering if I should just go and get ide hdrive or not.. thats all

Comment

How does this work with SATA?

If you get a SATA optical drive (or use an ATA to SATA converter on the drive) would it overcome such protections?

Comment

SATA is still IDE (just as PATA is IDE) so no, just plugging your optical drives into an SATA controller won't work with latest copy protections.
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
              Daemon Tools v4 doesn't work! (Or does it?)
              As almost every Daemon Tools user will have noticed by now, images of games protected with the latest versions of SafeDisc (v4.6), SecuROM (v7+) and StarForce (v3.5+) will not work with Daemon Tools v4 in most cases.

Even if you are using a perfect image, one that cannot be distinguished from an original CD when it's mounted, you will probably still get an error like "Please insert the correct CD-ROM" or "Please insert the CD-ROM into another drive". But we (the Daemon Tools team) claimed to have fixed all blacklists with Daemon Tools v4? So what's going on?

The explanation

Well, no blacklist will recognize DTv4 anymore. And they probably won't for quite some time because DTv4 includes some really hard to break anti-blacklist measures. But the developers of StarForce (and subsequently SecuROM and SafeDisc) decided to blacklist all SCSI drives, at least if any optical IDE drives (that is CD & DVD drives) are found in the system.

DTv4, like every other existing virtual drive, is SCSI-based. And as most people have optical IDE drives in their computers, Daemon Tools' virtual drives won't work anymore although they're not even recognized as such. By the way, those games won't run from SCSI CD-ROM drives either!

So we did exactly as we claimed, we fixed all blacklists, and we support all existing copy protections, but still it won't work because of that SCSI blacklist.

IS it safe to use daemon tools+SafeDisc 4 hider

Comment

Originally Posted by QuazzieM
                Well.. I'm using a nForce4 (GA-K8NXP-SLI) and I cant get any starforce games to work..

I can unplug my drives.. goes through the protection section and BAM reboot..

I use starnightmare.. and I get the "pleas put cd into another drive" crap

I disable the nVidia parallel controller and BAM reboot..

No am i right in thinking this is due to my mounting from 2 SATA hdrive in raid 0??
                NO bro i think u r trying to run a game by making an image or virtual drive....
                actually i have to explain it a bit ..some games and application detects those virtual drives made by daemon or anyother software in order to handle that there is a small tool that might helpfull to u ..name is "SD4Hide" download it install it and simply press the hide button after loading the image the program/game will not give that error of cd\dvdrom///try it

well if ya dont find that software then tell me i will upload it somewhere on a site and i will give u the path of it.....

Comment

IDE Cable Disconnect Workaround

Hey All,

Instead of shutting down and disconnecting your IDE cables to your CD/DVD drives, I instead went into Device Manager and right click -> disable the existing drives (leave the SCSI one alone, thats the DT drive). You can always go back in there and Enable them later. Saved me a shutdown and screwdriver.

I had a recent game that would not run (asking for cd) and it works now after the above mentioned procedure.

Dunno if this works for others (or if everyone already knew about this), but I wanted to share anyway.

Later,

GuitarJ

Comment

Originally Posted by GuitarJ
                    Hey All,

Instead of shutting down and disconnecting your IDE cables to your CD/DVD drives, I instead went into Device Manager and right click -> disable the existing drives (leave the SCSI one alone, thats the DT drive). You can always go back in there and Enable them later. Saved me a shutdown and screwdriver.

I had a recent game that would not run (asking for cd) and it works now after the above mentioned procedure.

Dunno if this works for others (or if everyone already knew about this), but I wanted to share anyway.

Later,

GuitarJ
                    Just so you know, this doesn't work with starforce.
                    I don't know if it does work with the old versions but I'm sure it doesn't work with the newer ones.

Comment

What I tried that worked

I tried it with F.E.A.R and v4 of DT. It did work for me on that game. I am sure you are right about it not working with all of them, but it's worth a try if you are not sure. Saves you from cracking the case....

GuitarJ

Comment

Disabling the drive worked for my computer. It has a SATA HD I believe and I got the image of my friends cd (stubbs the zombie, he gave it to me cause he didnt like it =/ )working by only disabling the DVD drive. And running DT4 that is.

Comment

which things i should have to disable by using sfn inorder to run brian lara 2005 & in which sequence ?

Comment

I just removed all IDE optical drives and installed them in external USB cases- now i donґt have any IDE optical drives anymore -> problem solved. EVERYTHING running fine with DT4

Comment

You couldnt wait for the next DT4 version ? :P

Comment

Originally Posted by freibuis
                                this works for me..

if any wants a script (either vbscript or win32 app(framework 2.0) to do the follow let me know...

okay you can by pass this by removing the following from the registery... dont worry every time you reboot it gets rebuilt.

what I would do is rename it just incase

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi]

if you rename this then all D-Tools Scsi drives are no longer being flagged by the copy protection.

I have verified with some of the new games that have this protection.

just remeber that the
                                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\
                                gets rebuilt on a reboot so it will need to be renamed every time..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi]

also you could do it on any of the d-tools SCSI ports

example

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 0\Scsi Bus 0]
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1\Scsi Bus 0]
                                [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 2\Scsi Bus 0]

just remove the one that corresonds to the device that you mounted.

this all worked for me.... but I belive this will be short termed method. I think some new copy protection will look at the scsi port its self.
                                Has anyone tried this, possibly with a pozitive feedback?
                                The last of the best, the death of the rest. Hitman Forever...

Comment

Working...
                                X