Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hiding tools make the same things in the registry like freibuis it posted. The most hiding tool delete or deny the access to these keys, they don't rename them so it should work like freibuis it posted. I recommend you to make a backup before deleting.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Yeah but will it work for the newest versions of starforce? Cuz I can't open my chasis because of the waranty which I intend on keeping since I am a valued customer at the shop where I bought my computer and have been since 1999. So pulling out the IDE cables is not an option for me.
      The last of the best, the death of the rest. Hitman Forever...

Comment

For StarForce >3.5 mostly it's the only way to unplug your drives. Disabling only works on NForce 3/4 Boards.
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Anyone who can give a link to the working IDE driver?

Can anyone who can get SF3.5+ working with NF3/4 give a link to the working IDE driver?
          I'm using Nforce IDE driver 5.52 with NF4.
          I tried it with SF3.6.
          But It always ask me to insert disc to another driver.
          Is this method useful for 3.6~3.8?

Comment

really not hard to blacklist isnt it?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1]
            "Interrupt"=dword:00000009
            "IOAddress"=dword:0000ffe0
            "Driver"="dtscsi"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1\Scsi Bus 0]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1\Scsi Bus 0\Initiator Id 15]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1\Scsi Bus 0\Target Id 0]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1\Scsi Bus 0\Target Id 0\Logical Unit Id 0]
            "Identifier"="MT7211S KVX244H 1.0 "
            "Type"="CdRomPeripheral"
            "InquiryData"=hex:05,80,02,02,20,00,00,10,4d,54,37 ,32,31,31,53,20,4b,56,58,32,\
            34,34,48,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,31,2e,30,20
            Guys vote for the threads you read to give
            the rating system a place to live ^^

Comment

These are very easy to fix run the protection software like normal just uninstall your cd rom from device manager whala works

every new game i got i found that uninstalling my cd rom fixes it authentication issues hope this helps later IK

Comment

It is not working for Me

I have latest DT (4.03) and nForce4 chipset. I tryed all solutions described on this forum but without any functionality. None for Me is working... Can Me help somebody?

(sorry for My English)

Comment

Originally Posted by IcarusV2X
                  Yeah but will it work for the newest versions of starforce? Cuz I can't open my chasis because of the waranty which I intend on keeping since I am a valued customer at the shop where I bought my computer and have been since 1999. So pulling out the IDE cables is not an option for me.
                  I dont know where you live dude but its time to change your
                  store if opening your case "voids warranty" in their opinion...
                  legally that is utter bullshit.
                  Guys vote for the threads you read to give
                  the rating system a place to live ^^

Comment

I wouldn't mind if I had to unplug the optical drives... My problem is that I have a laptop... How can I unplug my dvd drive? I heard about the StarForce nightmare, but i also heard it damages the hardware... what am I gonna do now? Is there any other way of unplugging it? Everytime I try to unistall when I rebbot windows fixes it...

Comment

Some laptops allow you to remove your optical drive (e.g. to use an additional battery). You can also check out AnalCobra's Guide to using extra programs... for help how to play games with SCSI blacklists without unplugging your drives.
                      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

bios?

Pardon me for being too naif, but .. if one disables his optical drive through in the bios , isn't it the same as physically unplugging it to the operative system?

Comment

Would like to know about this because im running a Laptop so i dont want to remove my drive to play.

Comment

No, Calaf its not the same. Today's copy protections re-enable them even while your system is running and without rebooting. And then you'll see a copy protection message.
                            the modern world:
                            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thanks for the info Underheaven.
                              Anyway must I confirm what someone else has already said here, that opening the case at times can't be done for warranty issues, at least in Italy where I live and most presumably in the rest of Europe as well.
                              Another naif question:
                              is making ide virtual drives really possible? Why all the up to now available virtual drives are scsi ?

ps: hehe, without aglets one wouldn't be able to thread the shoelace in the holes

Comment

I think my mobo has an nforce chip so i'd like to try whether a starforce protected game image works in my pc without unplugging the drives. In some more recent posts I've read that antiblock features for starforce have been implemented inside daemon tools, so no need for sfcure anymore.. But now then, besides loading an image, do we have to activate something within daemon tools? Perhaps emulation? I'm cautious in enabling emulation 'coz i fear blacklisting
                                Please lemme know what must be done besides loading the image, instead of sfcure.
                                And one more question.. If blacklisting happened, is it permanent? Or re-enabling the virtual drive will do? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X