Insufficient mounting under WinXP x64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insufficient mounting under WinXP x64

I've posted this on PlanetAMD64's forum and after that I though: better bost it here aswell...heh.

Here's a quote from the post:

-Daemon Tools 4 isn't working properly. I've seen nobody with a simular poblem so there's little referance so far. At the moment Daemon Tools 4 mounts (in a way for unpacking) de CD/ DVD onto a drive that appears to be SCSI drive to windows. Nothing wrong with it so far, thus, but that's about all it does. No emulation, no autostart (not even when you click on it) no icon update (unless you reboot PC) and none of the applications see the drive/ cd/ dvd. No game, no virtual drive hiding application, no application of what so kind ever. Like I said...touching in the dark about this myself.
    If required, this is the rest of the post.

I'll reinstall my windows later this week. Will post outcome here.

I think it's a little harsh to state that Daemon Tools isn't working properly, the fact is it isn't working properly on your machine. There have been 96000 downloads of the 64 bit version, some people are going to have problems with new software. I do believe reading these forums that it is a minority of people having problems and those who are running happily are not posting.

I for one have no problems with the x64 version on my rig, mounts, installs and runs stuff just fine. Thanks Daemon tools

Comment

Owh, sorry... now I you tell me it indeed sounds like I'm blaming the Daemon Tools team for it not working. This is totally not true, so sorry for that misunderstanding.

If you read the rest of my post on PlanetAMD64, you'll see that it's a(nother) reason for me to reinstall my windows. I just thought the daemon tools team could be notified with this, not to blame them in any way, but to notify the problem occured.

Once again, no flaming of any kind. I rather thank the Daemon Tools team instead x).

Comment

Ok. Reinstalled my system. That totally fixed my problem. Great piece of codework this application is. Truly amazing.

Comment

Working...
        X