virtual disk 10 pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virtual disk 10 pro?

I am reading on the main page for this software and it says it can do starforce 3 games. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried or knows of it working?
    Last edited by newtonfb; 02.12.2005, 01:03.

im sorry i mean Virtual Drive pro 10, not Virtual disk

Comment

It does not work with Starforce. The code to disable IDE is very buggy.
      It gave me an error when I tried to re-enable my IDE drives, and then I noticed that all it does is disable the drives in device manager.
      This method works for Safedisc and SecuROM, but will not work for Starforce protected games.

I dislike software that only looks good but does not what it's supposed to do. Virtual Drive is a good example of it. Looks like the devs spent more time on the interface than on functionality.
      That's why I like Daemon Tools, it has a simple and easy to use interface and it works great
      Last edited by Reef; 02.12.2005, 17:33.

Comment

ahhhh nothing will work with the only game i have of starforce (3.4) I have a laptop and nothign i do makes this game work. Not the new daemon tools, maybe im doing something wrong but i do disable my cd drives...am i supposed to disable something else too? Its supposed to work with starforce 3.4 but it doesnt and im out of ideas....

Comment

As was mentioned you have other methods to disable your optical drives without resorting to VD 10 Pro which does give some people problems as reported in other forums.

In Device Manager you can either disable the IDE channel your drive is on or just disable the optical drive itself. Each method is slightly different if you check out the results in DM after doing it.

Of course if you disable the IDE channel you lose ALL your devices attached to it so be careful.

I've tried this with SD and SR games and it works as was also mentioned. I stay clear of any SF games as I don't like the drivers they install on my system. This is my way to protest SF protection.

Comment

Originally Posted by newtonfb
            im sorry i mean Virtual Drive pro 10, not Virtual disk
            I just tried farstone's virtual drive pro 10 but the only thing i got after installing it was a messed up startup. For some reason i doubt it will work for starforce games.

Comment

Originally Posted by maintanos_gr
              I just tried farstone's virtual drive pro 10 but the only thing i got after installing it was a messed up startup. For some reason i doubt it will work for starforce games.
              For me it works great and I only use it to disable IDE DVD-ROM I have. No problems at all.

Comment

do u mean it works with starforce games ?

Originally Posted by Vampirtc
                For me it works great and I only use it to disable IDE DVD-ROM I have. No problems at all.
                It that mean that it works with StarForce protected games when you disable the IDE chans or that it works only with securom or safedisc games ?
                DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Comment

Starforce of course, why would I need it for SD4 or SR7?

Games that I play are:
                  Ufo Aftershock 3.6.something
                  King Kong 3.6.something

On the other hand SF Nightmare doesn't work me, allthough since the only IDE device in my system is a DVD-ROM, VirtualDrive has an easy job and just shuts down the IDE controller.

Comment

what exploitation system do you use ?

Vampirtc: thanx for your answer, I should give a try to this soft but first can you tell me what your exploitation system is ?
                    XP SP0, SP1 or SP2 or win2000 or ... i know there are some tricks/softs that works on one but not another...I use XP Pro.
                    DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Comment

Windows XP SP2

Comment

Have you got a nforce 3 based motherboard Vampirtc ? And what is your ide configuration ?
                        Last edited by Tekneo; 05.12.2005, 11:40.

Comment

Nforce 4.
                          First IDE DVD-ROM
                          Second IDE DVD-RW

Comment

Nforce3/4 chipsets seem to make running SF protected games a little easier then other chipsets.

Comment

Originally Posted by streetwolf
                              Nforce3/4 chipsets seem to make running SF protected games a little easier then other chipsets.
                              Yes, and I am very grateful for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X