Need For Speed Most Wanted problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is screwed

I have done this thousend times and it does not work need help despretley help I cant block Safe Disk 4.6 HELP,...................!!

Comment

try using CureROM or sd4hider...
      My sysProfile!

Comment

Hey there people.

I have the exact problem as most of you.

When I double click the icon the screen comes up with the bmw in it, but thats it. It pretty much just freezes. But the cd rom drive keeps reading.

I used all the methods mentioned above, and nothing still works.

Does this mean the game is corrupt?

Comment

maybe your disc is damaged...
          have u ever tried starting in compatibility mode (WIN 2k)?
          My sysProfile!

Comment

MW should be running fine on Windows XP. pr4mnce16v, have you patched it to the current version? (12MB direct-link to FTP)
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

but it should also work with v1.2 (vendor version)...
              i didnt see any change with the patch and according to the changelog, only the multiplayer mode was fixed.
              My sysProfile!

Comment

Do you have your drivers up to date? Are you using stock drivers or modified ones (such as Omega Drivers)?
                "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by file_mod
                  I installed DT and sd4hider 1.1. But when I start NFSMW the screen goes black and after a few seconds it returns to desktop. How to solve this?
                  Probably you must instal the newest version of DT (4.00)

Comment

I tried with DT 4.00 x86, I tried with Alcohol 120%, I tried with anti-blaxx, I tried with SD4Hide v1.0, with SD4hide 1.1, I tried with SFN and all of themin the same time and none actully worked... everytime I try it says "Please insert the correct cd in the cd-drive" Can any1 help me out?

Comment

Nevermind guys, I found out its because i made .cue files. I made .MDF and .MDS files and now it works like a charm.

Comment

RE: Need for Speed Most Wanted issues;

Okay, first off I'm new here so sit tight. As far as installing the game, just run the discs you already have. The game will install by itself after a few prompts by you. To play NFSMW without using the discs you already own, find the version you are using (there are only a couple), *******. To my knowledge, that has been the only way I have been able to play the game without the discs. As far as the crashes during game play, it almost sounds as if you are having hardware conflicts (ie; video card?). I have never had Need for Speed Most Wanted crash. I have a four year old motherboard and cpu with just enough resources to run the game flawlessly. The game controllers you are using have to be installed and plugged in before the game is started or else they won't work. Hope this is helpfull to everyone with problems in this forum. Sorry 'bout the length. Wanted to hit everyones issue at once.

Don't talk about cracks!!!
                        Last edited by Dogma; 07.03.2006, 18:23.

Comment

Macrovision Cleaner

I'm not using Virtual CD drives & I'm getting the Macrovision Cleaner running as a subprocess spawned by Rome Total War & several other graphic intensive games.It doesn't cut in to normal program ops,just graphic intensive ones.It's completely whacked my CivIV game when you get towards the end.Not sure of it's purpose,but I think its cleaning up after graphic displys using Flash,Shockwave & QuickTime.It's extremely read/write intensive & promotes program hangs/releases.Makes the games spastic.
                          It generates a work area in the user account's Docs & settings/UserAcct?/LocalSettings/Temp/~e5.000#.dir.000#/ & has a workfile called ~e5.0001.Not sure but I think its working with virtual paging & 16 bit mode emmulation as I see Wowexec.exe pop up in the TaskManager's process list.This kills games.I'm trying to see if I'm maxing out my virtual paging other than that I'm clueless.Anyone know of this please elaborate.

Comment

Problem

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum, and i gt a problem, i have mounted the image, i clicked hide with safedisc 4 hider, then pressed play, but then it says

'Please insert correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application'

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Comment

Problem as well

I am having similar problems but the message it is giving me is "CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD emulation software and restart the game" I tried sd4 hider v1.0,1.1, using DT 4.03 and Alcohol 120%. i also tried starforce nightmare to no avail, this on a laptop running windows xp home SP2, it always gives the above message. I installed it on another pc running XP Pro SP2 and it worked fine using sd4hider v1.0 and DT 4.03 . Without sd4hider it gave a different message "please insert the corect cd rom and restart the app".
                              Why it works on one machine and not the other baffles me as well as the different messages. Please help me if you have any information on resolving the issue.

Comment

How did you create your image?
                                Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Working...
                                X